Thread: SORTED: Urgent foster needed for neglected pound cavalier

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SORTED: Urgent foster needed for neglected pound cavalier

A 3-4 year old very thin and matted male blenheim is in the pound and needs foster from tomorrow (Thursday) in the Dublin region or nearby. He is intact (not neutered) and a bit of an enthusiastic humper at the moment! He can irritate male dogs with this behaviour and would not be appropriate with unspayed females, obviously. Very very affectionate and desperate for human attention like a typical cavalier. He is not housetrained -- most likely was dumped in a back garden all his life or was a dumped puppy farm dog. He was picked up as a stray and could have been straying for some time.

He needs an understanding foster who can start helping him to learn to live in a house.

He is stuck in the pound at the moment until we can get a foster. If we get a foster volunteer, I will have him out and vet checked tomorrow.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

If not sorted closer can come to me in Belfast - will get his goolies whipped off and the wee man sorted lol
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Allie -- will let you know what happens, but at very least I need a short term foster nearby very urgently though or someone who can drive to Dublin or partway to collect at the moment to try and spring him from the pound. I can take him an hour-90 min or so away to meet anybody who can foster.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Is this wee un sorted? I can meet up tonight/tomorrow or put out transport request if needed.
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes he got sorted over to a foster. Thanks SOOO much for the emergency offer as it gave some comfort as I tried to see what could be done on such short notice!

This is a fabulous dog -- the humping issue was exaggerated; he fussed a bit and then Jaspar gave him a couple of warnings and the two were quite happy together for the drive to the foster. Wonderful personality and very handsome blenheim; badly infected ears and ear mites, very thin (maybe 25-30% below proper weight). He'd wagged his tail into a sore banging it off the cage at the pound. Typical cavalier!! He now will get some TLC and add some weight then be neutered and get ready to find a new home.

BUT... we also had a little female ruby come in at the same time. She was much smaller than the male but weighed slightly more than him! Am hoping we can find her owner -- she is from the Dun Laoghaire area. If not she will be seeking a home too. Very very energetic, too boisterous for children under 10-12. She may be a cross -- even my vet wasn't sure. Lovely sweet nature and very athletic and I would gather now, an escape artist as well. Well cared for but no collar, no chip.

Please please please people -- if your dearly loved dogs are not chipped and do not have collars and tags please rectify this immediately -- you risk never seeing your dog again. Tags are just as crucial as a chip as many people will never take a dog in to be scanned -- and pounds and vets can miss chips; I have seen it happen!! Don;t risk having your dogs end up who knows where, or dead in the pound when their time runs out.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Glad he's sorted. It never ends - hope the girl is reunited with family soon. You should have my contact details if ever stuck - I'll never turn away a Cav in need. Transporting up & down shouldn't be a problem either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allie View Post
    You should have my contact details if ever stuck - I'll never turn away a Cav in need.
    xox such a big heart
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea