• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rosie's Incontinance - Proin ?

Brian M

Hi

My Rosie over the last four months has had the occasional leak both in her own crate and the other
week on our bed when they all slept upstairs one night .I noticed a recent comment by Nicki on the
Camapanion F/B site a comment about Proin to help incontinent dogs .I has Rosie to the Vets a few
months ago thinking she may have an infection which she didn't and lately Dawn has mentioned a
strong smell in the morning and today I bought her some new Vetbed Gold .Could this Proin be the
answer can members pls tell me about it ie if she goes on it and it works is it for life ,Rosie also has
CM but it doesnt seem to bother her at all .

Tkks

Brian

PS I did say on an earlier post today I havent been to my Vets in months but I think I could be going tomorrow.

I am no expert, just an armchair dog owner, but it might help. Our neighbors have a dog who has 'spay incontinence' and since she is an extremely large labradoodle, this was making large puddles in their home. They have her on something, but it might be a hormone based medication, *or* it might be the Proin, which I "Googled" and find it is a decongestant that I used to take ages ago for my allergies but has since been taken off the market.

Brian it's Propolin. Take a sample into the vets and get her checked for an infection again just in case, the vet may give you the conventional Propolin to try if she is clear, or you can go the complementary therapy route as we do :)

I've read that parsley can help as well, fresh raw. I'm not sure as to the amount for a Cavalier, but for boxers it was 2tablespoons chopped up in their food. You may want to look into it, before going the meds route. Just a thought.

Hi

Rosie has been on Incurin since Sept ! st with no effect at all ,we will carry on and finish the course then try the herbal course "Hold It " that I bought and I still have to
rings Nicki,s Gentle Touch for advice before I go down the Propolin route ,am also going to phone Ainsworth and get some pulatilla which a friend told mr about and I did
get some but have run out .

Any other ideas welcome .
tks

bri

I am worried about incidence of stroke with use of Proin. We used it in a very aged Samoyed we were fostering a couple years ago. Bring concerns to your vet, and do your own research. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Back