• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Therapy Dogs

Abbiex

I was unwell when I got my Cav (Charley) from Christmas and I was telling my friend how he helped speed up my recover just through spending time with him. She said it reminded her of an advert for Therapy dogs, she said the dogs go to Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Schools. Does anyone know were I can find more info on this or can anyone tell me whether you think it would be a good idea for me to do.
:lotsaluv:
Charley is only 10 months but I wounldn't think of doing it until he's at least 2 years old. He loves attention and warms to anyone who walks through the door.

I'm really hoping to do that with Fletcher. I'm sorry I can not give you any advice of therapy dogs in the UK tho. Here in the US dogs need to be over a year old to take the least. Fletcher and I are about to start our second obedience class in a few weeks. My plan is to just keep taking classes until he can master all the skills on the test plus its fun. I'm sure someone here knows or try calling your vets office.

Go to the Pets As Therapy web site. Just Google it. All the information you need is there.

I do home therapy visits with Holly Poppet going to housebound tenants of one particular Housing Association in Birmingham. I wrote an article on request about my very first visit, which you can find in the Cavaliers As Companions on line magazine on the Cavalier Club website. I hope you will find this helpful.

Back