Thread: Offering a forever home (again!)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Offering a forever home (again!)

I am not sure if this is the right section so apologies to the mods if not.

I used this site 4 years ago as I was looking to give a Cav a rescue home and I was lucky enough to get 2!!

Sadly, both have now passed on with Casper being the last in January of this year.

I am now ready to give another forever home to another Cav who is needing it.

I am still in the Scotland area however, like last time, I am prepared to travel (within reason of course!)

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

NESSR [Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue] have Tri & Blenheim boys looking for a home together [in foster Northumberland]. Oldie's Club also have an adorable Tri boy 10 y/o in foster in Kent.
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

just sent a pm with the number of The Cavalier Clubs North coordinator ,they had two last week after homes .

Rgds

Brian
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

just sent a pm with the number of The Cavalier Clubs North coordinator ,they had two last week after homes .

Rgds

Brian
    Thanks Brian (an loving your avatar!!)

She didn't have any for rehoming.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Allie

Although I took a pair the last time, I really am only looking for one this time.

And whilst I don't mind older ones, I think 10 is just a bit too old. I have a daughter and I have to think of her as well with regards to how long realistically a dog would be with us.

But thanks for replying

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The best thing really is to contact UK breed rescue and also watch websites for UK rescues as well as Dogpages.co.uk who often list dogs. I've got rescue listings pinned at the top of this section.

Cavaliers do sporadically appear in rescue but younger dogs are very rare -- most in rescue will be age 5-plus. You might also check small ads for people rehoming a family cavalier.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    Cavaliers do sporadically appear in rescue but younger dogs are very rare -- most in rescue will be age 5-plus. You might also check small ads for people rehoming a family cavalier.
    Just to clairfy that I am not particularly looking for a young dog per se (my last 2 were 5 and 6 when rescued). I just think that 10 is too old, for me and my family anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Just to say that I have left 3 messages for the Scotland co-ordinator for Cav Rescue and there has been no response. I have apologised on the ansaphone if the number is no longer for the person I am looking for (maybes the co-ordinator has a new number and the site hasn't been updated).

Anyway, I am just leaving a post here on the off chance that he may frequent these boards and he can always PM me.