Thread: So I stepped on my dog!

Post Thanks / Like

Default So I stepped on my dog!

Yep, we were at my parents house this afternoon and I stepped on Fletcher AND we both FELL down the deck stairs onto the concrete!!!!!!! Well, luckily Fletcher is fine. My brother-in-law was there, he's a vet and he checked over him real well, he does have a scrape on his right front leg but nothing is broken and he went back to running on it within 5 minutes. But I KNOW my foot was on that leg for a split second (I switched weight off that foot really fast and is probably the main reason I ended up falling down the steps). So that is the MAIN thing Fletcher is fine, just wash the scrape and make sure it heals up. I did have some left over pain meds from his neuter my brother-in-law said I could give him 1/4 a dose which I did just to make sure he not hurting.

HOWEVER, I did not fair as well with the fall. I scraped my hands and one elbow which feels like they are in fire still AND for added fun I sprang in left ankle AND broke a small bone in the top of my left foot. NICE, I ended up going to the emergency room!!!!! I felt like a total nerd telling the doctor I tripped over my dog. Better me than Fletcher tho or one of the kids. So now I am sitting on the sofa with my foot wrapped up with ice and I'm pretty much stuck here right now. I'm not suppose to walk on my foot for 5 to 7 days and go back to my doctor in 2 weeks. That is not really gonna work but again I'll do the best I can. At least I have a cute little sweet unharmed dog to keep my company.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

oh man.. im glad fletcher is okay..thats a big relief.. poor you though!! That totaly sucks. Sorry that happened to you
    musta hurt!!
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry you got hurt. I have stepped on the dogs a few times...you would think they would learn to get out of my way. I have hurt myself trying to get out of their way too, never bad enough to go to the ER though! So sorry you are stuck on the couch for a few days. Good luck healing!

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch, Melissa! Try and keep off that foot. Feel better!
    ~Shari mom to
    Henry, black and tan 12-07-11

Post Thanks / Like

Aww poor you and Fletcher, I cannot imagine! I will wish you a speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hI

How are you both .?
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher was fine never showed any signs of anything. As for me it was pretty impossible for me to stay off my foot, so its still a touch sore but......I'm still glad I was the one who got hurt and not Fletcher or one of the kids. I did "force" my daughter (she's 16) to walk Fletcher every evening since the mile walk to and from preschool twice a day pretty much killed my foot.

Its funny we were at my parents house yesterday, I kept looking around for Fletcher before I moved my feet
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras