Thread: Grooming And Bathing

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Grooming And Bathing

Hi

What day to day grooming brushes and combs do you use and do you also use a general coat conditioner if so
    which one. Also how often do you bathe and again what shampoo and conditioner do you use .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using fresh and clean tropical scent. Henry gets a bath once a week. And I use a puppy slicker brush on him.
    ~Shari mom to
    Henry, black and tan 12-07-11

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Furminator Puppy tool, its not a de-shedder or rough on the coat like the regular furminator, it just has slicker brush and comb attachments. I bathe every month or so, or if they get really dirty. For the puppy I use PetHead Oatmeal and blueberry shampoo with Furminator de-shedding conditioner, and for the 3 year old I use both Furminator de-shedding shampoo and conditioner, it smells really nice. For refreshing sprays I use the CHI detangler or the Pethead spray in the pink bottle - they both smell really great and it freshens them up between baths.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

Fletcher gets a bath about once every 2 weeks due to all the swimming he has done this summer. I use a 2 sided brush pins on one side a sticker brush on the other, I also have a small toothed comb. I brush Fletcher every evening hoping to get to any tangles before they become mats. I use a sensitive skin baby shampoo, it has a lower ph. I also use a mix of a little coconut oil and water on a spray for conditioner. Its one part coconut oil 10 parts water shake well. I'm thinking after swimming season is over I will bathe Fletcher about once a month or only as needed.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

I use an oatmeal based puppy shampoo for Tess. She gets bathed at most once a month. During shedding season, I brush her at least once a day sometimes twice using a pin brush all over, a slicker brush almost all over, and a comb on the very long feathers.

Post Thanks / Like

I use John Paul Pet Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner - not too scented, and kind for Maddie's skin especially in summer when she scratches. For grooming I use a comb and a gentle slicker brush. As all three have different coats the amount of grooming and bathing varies:
    Maddie (blenheim with a tendency to roll in noxious substances and a cottony fluffy coat) gets bathed once every two weeks, which coincides with her hydrotherapy sessions, and brushed/combed twice a week.
    Pippin (b&t with a lot of long wavy thick fur) bathed once a month and combed / brushed every day
    Rosie (ruby with a fairly smooth silky coat at present but she's only a year old) has only had 2 baths and gets her ears combed every day, and a brush for the rest of her once a week.