Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murphy has early SM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's good that this diagnosis actually isn't SM, it's a kind of indication that he could eventually develop a syrinx and SM (hence being on cimetidine which can halt progression at this stage in some dogs). But if that's all he has at this age, you probably don't have any major worry that it would become a highly symptomatic level of SM and may never go beyond where it is now. Perhaps it is CM that is bothering him a bit in which case the cimetidine could also help. I have herd some great reports about Kate, the new neurologist there. Glad Murphy's bloods came back OK!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, we're quite positive about the results, having seen Misty's, we know Murphy's got off lightly.

The poor boy looks as though he's suffered neglect though. We went a nice long walk around the Dalbeattie woods yesterday, as Misty was really feeling good. We got home, checked for ticks, and discovered Murphy's collar has rubbed where he was shaved on his neck, giving him a small wound. It just reminds me of people not checking puppy collars, and them digging in. Not that it's deep, it's about the size of one pence piece, and only a skin abrasion, but not nice to see on my boy
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.