• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella and the tiny little life.

Alana

I am pregnant! I am very excited about this. Bella is different, not sure if she can smell a change in hormones or what, but she knows something is going on. She used to always choose Ryan's lap on the lounge and now it is always mine. The other day at the shops she went crazy when Ryan kept her on the leash outside a shop and I went in, and she just kept going until I came back out!

My cat, who has ignored me for 3 years has suddenly decided I am good for a pat and a hug.

Not sure how they know, but they sure act differently!

I'm so excite for you Alana!!!!!! Such amazing times ahead.

And oh yeah, animals know for sure. I don't know why or how, but they are so perceptive. Mamas hormones must be comforting to them! My friends cavvie was the same, never left her tummy when she got pregnant...it was so funny.

Will be cute to see how Bella goes once he/she arrives!

Congratulations! That's such wonderful news!!!!!! They do say animals sense the change in hormones etc in pregnancy.

Congratulations, Alana. I think dogs who are tuned in to their owner knows these things, either by scent or picking up on your own emotions (excitement).

Congrats! And yes, they definitely know! Four cats and a corgi alllll knew here! I could NOT sit in a chair by myself! And our oldest cat took on the role of "grandma" after the baby was born, letting me know when the baby fussed in her crib, and doing a "Lassie" routine (run down the hall, holler at me so loudly I could see her tonsils "YOUR BABY IS CALLING YOU-GET IN HERE!!!", run back to the baby's room- me trying to get ahold of the cat and make her hush so the baby could go to sleep...lol) just wait! ;)

Congrads!!!!! We had a cat once who decided I was the sworn enemy when I was pregnant with my oldest. She flat out started attacking me!!!!!! We tried a few things to get her to chill out but we ended up having to give her to a family member (older without kids). It broke my heart the only animal I have ever given away but my doctor was concerned since she was breaking skin. She was about 7 years old then and she happily lived out the rest of her life with the family member. I'm glad it is working out the other way for you. No offense but cats are crazy anyway. :rolleyes:

I am due in April had an ultra sound last Monday and everything is fine. Thank you all for the well wishes!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Hi Alana!
I also recently found out I am pregnant and due in April (April 23). Just had my ultrasound last Tuesday, and things are looking good for me too :) Such an exciting time for both of us, each expecting our first (non-fur) babies!! Butters has moved from sleeping at the end of the bed to cuddled right up next to my belly. I agree that there is a definite change in my cav, also!

I am pregnant! I am very excited about this. Bella is different, not sure if she can smell a change in hormones or what, but she knows something is going on. She used to always choose Ryan's lap on the lounge and now it is always mine. The other day at the shops she went crazy when Ryan kept her on the leash outside a shop and I went in, and she just kept going until I came back out!

My cat, who has ignored me for 3 years has suddenly decided I am good for a pat and a hug.

Not sure how they know, but they sure act differently!

Alana..First of all... a huge *CONGRATS* !!! :wggle:
Having a new life forming..wow..what wonderful news !!
I have always believed that dogs are more tuned into us then we ever realize. It is quite possible your pup and cat both are sensing the hormonal change..but it also could be they can actually "hear" the babies little heartbeat..and "know" ( as you said) there is something different going on. Pretty awesome !
I pray you have a great pregnancy..free from the morning sickness...and are able to enjoy every aspect of bringing a new little being into this world. :luv:

Cavalova I am due on April 24th! How exciting we can be pregnancy and cav buddies!

Morning sickness......I have never been a morning person....UNTIL NOW! I wake up at 6am ready to face the day with a spring in my step and energy. Then 5pm comes and I curl up on the couch, feel awful, dry heave....blah. So I get evening sickness.

Thank you everyone!

I wake up at 6am ready to face the day with a spring in my step and energy. Then 5pm comes and I curl up on the couch, feel awful, dry heave....blah. So I get evening sickness.

Could it be because you are 'down under' . . . where the water swirls in the opposite direction when it goes down a drain from us 'up here'? (Just kidding!!!)
I was usually exhausted by the afternoon, mostly because I worked full-time up until the day I delivered. AND our son arrived two weeks late... to the day. Ugh . . .

CONGRATULATIONS to Cavalova, too!

Congratulations! I had "all-day" sickness til week 17 with both then it went away and I felt better. A word of advice... turns out you are very fertile after you give birth... I have a 10 month old and am 6 months pregnant with #2!! be careful, LOL!!! ;)

Back