• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Companion Cavalier Club Health Information Day on 18th November

Margaret C

The Companion Cavalier Club has organised a day of health talks on 18th November at London Scottish Golf Club House, Windmill Enclosure, Wimbledon Common, SW19 5NQ.

The Speakers are Dr Clare Rusbridge talking on Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia, Helen Shreeve, Small Animal Veterinary Advisor at Boehringer Ingelheim giving an owner presentation on Mitral Valve Disease and Lynn Burton, a Human CM Sufferer explaining what it is like to live with Chiari Malformation.

The talks are intended to help pet owners understand a little more about how these conditions affect our cavaliers.

All Companion Club Members have received a priority application form which should be returned by the end of September. After 30th September any places still available will be offered to non-members at £15 per ticket. A buffet lunch is included.

Details are available from [email protected] or PM Sandrac on this forum.

It is listed in the events on the Club website. I don't think they easily can do direct link to items -- don't think the person who does the site generally does internal links.

You are welcome of course to link directly to the post here as CavalierTalk serves as an official announcement place as well for the club -- after all, Margaret was the key person who set it up. :) There's also a post on the Companion Club Facebook page, for members.

It is listed in the events on the Club website. I don't think they easily can do direct link to items -- don't think the person who does the site generally does internal links.

You are welcome of course to link directly to the post here as CavalierTalk serves as an official announcement place as well for the club -- after all, Margaret was the key person who set it up. :) There's also a post on the Companion Club Facebook page, for members.

For my pains I act as Webmaster for the Companion Club so it can be kept as up-to-date as possible. I do have access to very expert advice as I am a computer dinosaur, but I don't have a lot of spare time so, on the whole, I do what I can when I can to keep members informed.

Rod, I really appreciate the offer to pass the information around, but I'm afraid what is posted on here and the Companion Club website activities page ( I have added a flyer ) is about the best I can do at this time.

... Rod, I really appreciate the offer to pass the information around, but I'm afraid what is posted on here and the Companion Club website activities page ( I have added a flyer ) is about the best I can do at this time.

I have found the flyer, and I am going to post it on Twitter and Facebook. Here is its link:
http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Health-Seminar-Day-Flyer.jpg

The Companion Club has a Facebook page, but it appears to be a closed one, so it is not a good vehicle for reaching non-members.

I have found the flyer, and I am going to post it on Twitter and Facebook. Here is its link:
http://www.companioncavalierclub.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Health-Seminar-Day-Flyer.jpg

The Companion Club has a Facebook page, but it appears to be a closed one, so it is not a good vehicle for reaching non-members.

Thank you so much for posting the link. That is really appreciated.

The Facebook page is for members only. It is a very supportive and friendly community of cavalier owners ( and one cavalier cross ) on there.

The Companion Cavalier Club has organised a day of health talks on 18th November at London Scottish Golf Club House, Windmill Enclosure, Wimbledon Common, SW19 5NQ.

The Speakers are Dr Clare Rusbridge talking on Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia, Helen Shreeve, Small Animal Veterinary Advisor at Boehringer Ingelheim giving an owner presentation on Mitral Valve Disease and Lynn Burton, a Human CM Sufferer explaining what it is like to live with Chiari Malformation.

All Companion Club Members have received a priority application form which should be returned by the end of September. After 30th September any places still available will be offered to non-members at £15 per ticket. A buffet lunch is included.

Sorry to say that I haven't received a priority application form, or anything else in the post from the Club except for the initial membership pack, although I am a founder member! :cry*ing: If there is an early enough train to London from Birmingham New Street I would like to attend.

Sorry to say that I haven't received a priority application form, or anything else in the post from the Club except for the initial membership pack, although I am a founder member! :cry*ing: If there is an early enough train to London from Birmingham New Street I would like to attend.

Hello Flo,

The Companion Club's usual method of contact with their Members is by email. There are very few members that have asked to have information posted to them. They are usually those that do not have a computer or an email address.

I am sorry if you have been missing the newsletters, posters, Easter ecard and informative emails that have been sent out by our Secretary. I am wondering if she has the wrong email address for you?

Perhaps you would like to email Sandra at [email protected] so she can book you a priority ticket and check to see what has gone wrong.

Hello Flo

So sorry you have been missing out on email correspondence. There has been a problem with some members whereby their email has blocked correspondence from me and it has gone into their spam.

If you would like to email me as Margaret has said, then I will double check your address is correct and send you your priority Application Form.

Can you also make sure you add [email protected] to your Safe Senders list

Thanks for getting back to me Sandra and Margaret. I have done some checking and have found nothing at all in my Virgin Media e-mail box. This isn't the first time they have lost my mail and I am now using another address as my main box, which I will e-mail you separately Sandra. Meanwhile, I have checked with my dog sitters, who would have been pleased to pop in and out throughout the day, but it has all become academic and disappointing because there is neither a train nor a coach service which can get me to Wimbledon in time for 10 a.m. from Birmingham.

Back