• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Prince - one testicle so far

rosemary

Hi, my new puppy Prince has only one testicle... Some people say it may still come down (he is 6 months) old... I am
hoping it drops... I want to get him neutered.... How long do you think I should wait...Would like to know ur comments please.... Hope its not too serious..... Hes a little devil and got lots of testerone ha ha .....He's gorgeous tho
:l*v::thnku:

Rose and Prince x

Most likely it will not drop if he is now 6 months old. However you could wait a few more months and see. It doesn't matter for neutering as they must still remove that testicle but the surgery can be more involved and costly, especially if the testicle is retained well up in the abdomen. If he retains the testicle he also should be neutered anyway as retained testicles regularly become cancerous and very painful (I've had this in a rescue dog who had lived with pain for some time because the owners never had a vet check him, I guess :x Sad that he suffered for years; we only hoped the cancer had not spread as he biopsied cancerous on the testicle).

There are recent discussions on the age at which to neuter which you can read through to form your own opinion and preference. Some would suggest waiting til he is older anyway -- which would give more time to see if the testicle drops. I would not wait much beyond a year.

Thank you for your advice.... I will probably give it another couple of months as he has just turned 6 months and if not dropped then get him done... Apart from that he is very well... Good heart etc.... I only hope he continues to be in good health as I had a lot of problems with Ruby (bless her) miss her so much... He is a very different character altogether...x :thnku:

Henry's beans didn't drop down. His neuter was a bit more invasive, he had two small incisions to get to his testicles. He recovered very well.

Back