Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucky & Sparky

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Lucky & Sparky

I took a professional pet photography class and have been taking a few pics recently of my boys ... my most accessible models!

I'm still learning to master light ... but getting there! Hope you enjoy.

Both boys have some pretty serious tummy issues going on right now so please think good thoughts that they are better soon.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like

Lani,they are great photos, I particularly like the last one. I hope the boys are feeling better and over their tummy bugs.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely--both the pics and the pups. Hope they are feeling better now.

When you were photographing them, had your exercised them first or done anything so they would cooperate and stay put for you? I can't imagine getting my two to pose like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they from the same litter or related??? They look so much alike!! If I ever get to own a ruby I would one with a little white on the chest and chin super cute.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emkaybee View Post
    Lovely--both the pics and the pups. Hope they are feeling better now.

When you were photographing them, had your exercised them first or done anything so they would cooperate and stay put for you? I can't imagine getting my two to pose like that.
    They both are doing so much better. Both boys took obedience classes (though sometimes you'd never know it ...). Anyway, they learned watch me early on and they learned that sitting still when requested consistently results in a treat, so I never have trouble getting them to pose.
    Lani

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MomObvious View Post
    Are they from the same litter or related??? They look so much alike!! If I ever get to own a ruby I would one with a little white on the chest and chin super cute.
    Not from the same litter or even related.

Sparky is a rescue from a Puppy mill in Parkerburg WV that was raided 4 years ago. There were 4 people caring for 927 dogs. Horrid conditions, but like so many rescues, Sparky persevered. He is such a loving boy!! I fell in love with him when I met him ... shaking and so nervous and tiny (just 13 lbs at the time). He looked exactly like my Lucky. Well not exactly .. I could list at least a dozen differences, but all subtle. I'm a twin though, so I notice subtle differences.

Anyway, my groomer wants to have me do Christmas pics for some of her dogs so I did a little session tonight.

I really love this pic but unfortunately Lucky's ears are a hot mess I'm going to have to try this one again next weekend. Oh well, practice makes perfect, right?

This one I like as well ... I captioned it: "Lucky says 'Tell Santa to get another Elf ... I'm not a fan of hats"

v

This one I am not in love with as the lights were too bright but it still turned out okay and a good learning opportunity for me!

I'm also thinking of doing a fundraiser for rescue with our NJ Cavaliers group if we can find indoor space for an early Christmas party ... holiday card pics in exchange for a minimum donation to a Cavalier rescue and/or maybe Rupert's Fund.
    Lani

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Beautiful photos Lani ,well done to you and your boys .There is so much to learn in photography but those shots
    are really good ,what camera and lens did you use for these .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi
    Beautiful photos Lani ,well done to you and your boys .There is so much to learn in photography but those shots
    are really good ,what camera and lens did you use for these .
    Hi Brian!! I have the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and for these photos I used the 12-45 lens.
    Lani

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Lani

They are really good so you can post lots and lots more also you have two superb models posing for you .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

You are very talented....I like the first christmas picture the best of the christmas pictures. And I love the picture with the black background, it looks almost like a painting.