• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what is wrong with louie

lindylou

hi all
i have being having a problem with my louie this last 6 month its when i take him for a walk he will start hanging back on his lead then he starts panting then he starts jumping up at my back legs i ignor him but he runs round to the front of me starts jumping up my front legs and when i bend down to see what is wrong he just wants to kiss me so there we are kissing each other in the main street of our village.
then we start to walk on hav'ent walk very far when he starts again hanging back panting wanting more kisses he kisses me that hard i can feel his teeth on my face this goes on all the time we are out walking. i can understand if he had being worried by a dog or attacked but nothing has happened to him.
any suggestion would be appreciated
or could it be that louie likes the taste of my lipstick

Hi
I don't remember how old Louie is or if he has any health issues, but Sydney, who had MVD, use to do the same thing, and I believe that it was his way of telling me he wasn't up for a walk. :(

hi all
i have being having a problem with my louie this last 6 month its when i take him for a walk he will start hanging back on his lead then he starts panting then he starts jumping up at my back legs i ignor him but he runs round to the front of me starts jumping up my front legs and when i bend down to see what is wrong he just wants to kiss me so there we are kissing each other in the main street of our village.
then we start to walk on hav'ent walk very far when he starts again hanging back panting wanting more kisses he kisses me that hard i can feel his teeth on my face this goes on all the time we are out walking. i can understand if he had being worried by a dog or attacked but nothing has happened to him.
any suggestion would be appreciated
or could it be that louie likes the taste of my lipstick

Not sure how old Louie is, but it sounds to me like he's fearful and anxious. Sometimes dogs develop fears for no reason obvious to us. Have you tried luring him with really high value treats? Don't give them to him, just keep one in front of his nose so he keeps moving. Perhaps try that on a short walk, and gradually increase the length. If he still doesn't want to walk, I'd suggest you research dog anxiety solutions on the Internet and see if anything sounds like a good fit for Louie (Just pick carefully--lots of bad advice out there) or find a trainer to work with you. Good luck--it's upsetting when a dogs behavior changes and it's not clear what going on.

Back