• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kayleigh

Nicki

Sadly Kayleigh took a turn for the worse this morning and we had to make the decision to let her go.

She was diagnosed with severe symptoms from the Chiari malformation [no syrinxes] at Glasgow Vet School August 2011, and it's been a hard year trying to get her comfortable - she has been on a plethora of different medications thank you to advice and guidance from Glasgow Vet School, and help, advice and support from Clare Rusbridge.

As you can imagine we are both heartbroken, it doesn't seem the same without our precious girl. I know it was the right decision but it just seems so unfair. We had a rainbow over the field next door as we drove home, so we know she is safe.

We are just heartbroken - she was Trevor's velcro puppy :(

Kayleigh joins at the bridge Rupert, Teddy, Cruz, Fillipa, Isabel, Peaches, Kyla and Great Granny [long term foster] Fufu - lost at varying ages between 3 and 12 1/2.

We are going to miss her so much, she was such a strong personality [like her Great Granny who ruled the whole household for 2 years in her dotage] - we've both said today "no more Cavaliers" - we can't cope with the heartbreak anymore. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am Cavalier obsessed so this is a very hard decision.

I brought this wee girl into the world - an A to A mating, statistics show that there will still be a percentage of affected dogs sadly but the odds are greatly reduced - and I was there for her at the end, the last loving thing we can do for our beloved companions.

This was our precious girl as a puppy

Kayleighpuppy.jpg

I will find some adult shots tomorrow

Oh Nikki my heart is broken for you (and the whole family). The rainbow was a sign for sure she was telling you that.

Sending love,

Dear Nicki and Trevor
I am so, so sorry that you had to make such a painful decision to let your Kayleigh go.
My heart goes out to you.
I will pm you.
with love
Christine

So sorry to see this Nicki and Trevor. When these special little dogs leave us they take a slice of our hearts with them. R.I.P. sweet Kayleigh knowing how much you were loved.

Dear Nicki,

I am so incredibly sorry to read this sad news. Kayleigh knew how much you loved her and how much you did to keep her comfortable and pain free. She is now happily running in heaven's beautiful gardens.

Take care of yourself. RIP sweet Kayleigh.*ng*l

Love,
Joyce

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Oh Nicki...I am so sorry for your loss....Kayleigh will be with all the others you have lost in your heart and your precious memories. My thoughts are with you x

So sorry to hear about your Kayleigh. I can tell she was a very special girl. Sending you my thoughts

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your lovely girl. I just can't imagine how heartbroken you are right now.

Dear Nicki (and Trevor)
I'm so sorry you had to make such a hard decision, even if it was the right one for Kayleigh. Especially hard when Nicki's not feeling too good herself. CM and SM are so hit and miss, and when they hit, thay can hit so hard.

With love from Kate, Oliver and Aled

I am so sorry to read this news. RIP Kayleigh and Nicki, I hope you and Trevor can find peace in your happy memories of Kayleigh

Hugs ...

Nicki,
Im only just reading this now. Im so sorry. Sending love and hugs your way..... XX

Nicki, I am so sorry that Kayleigh is gone, keeping you and Trevor in my thoughts. Run free sweet Kayleigh.

I,am so sad for your loss, no words can compensate what you must be going through right now, but she was loved and cared for,and her suffering has ended, god bless you all. Karen, Ruby and Sadie x

Back