Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jemima

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jemima

We sadly lost Jemima to MVD last week. Her last couple of hours were awful. She started coughing and didn't stop. I checked her gums which were almost grey and we bundled her into the car and raced to the nearest vets. She rallied a bit after going onto a drip, then we made the dash with her to the vet hospital 30 minutes away.

When we got to the hospital, she was very very poorly and it was clear she needed to be saved the final few minutes suffering, so she got her wings.

We don't know how old Jemima was. Some of you may remember she had been a breeding bitch when we purchased her from a greyhound stadium car park nearly six years ago. The man selling her really wanted a laptop in exchange for her!

Run free my angel and say hi to Marlon and Bradley who both left us over the past 11 months
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry you lost Jemina. I know how hard it is to watch them suffer with MVD. I lost my boy in April from it too. It gives me comfort to know that he isn't suffering anymore and neither is Jemina. You rescued her and gave her a good life where she was loved and treasured.

Run free sweet Jemina. RIP
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I,am so sorry for you loss, but glad you managed to rescue jemima, and she had some quality time and devotion from you, god bless you and your family, and what a reunion it will be when we all meet up with our dearly loved pets at the rainbow bridge. Karen,Ruby and Sadie xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry -- for your loss and for the distress before; it is very very hard to see a cavalier you love in so much in difficulty. Jemima had such a positive life after such a terrible start -- imagine all the places she could have ended up with in exchange for a laptop! How lucky she found you.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Man the this forum is getting way too many new posts lately its completely heartbreaking however (trying to fine some sunshine) its so amazing that so many of us get to have that special experience of owning a much loved pet period. Remember your love is the only part of life that is forever.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

i'm so sorry you lost Jemima, but I'm glad she had some happiness and love with you. Run free sweet girl.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What an awful start for any dog, let alone a sweet and gentle Cavalier to have, but you saved her from heaven knows what may have happened after the car park and that is what you have to remember through all the tears. Thank you for giving your girl the life you wished she had always had. You will smile later when you are able to take comfort from all the smiles your girl gave you in return for love. R.I.P. sweet Jemima.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

I think Cavaliers are special among dog breeds for the way they recover from some terrible starts in life (something to do with all that extra seratonin, perhaps!), which makes it such a special joy to rescue them because they give so much back. I'm sure both you and Jemima discovered this and that the last six years of her life were very special for her after her bad start. Not that this makes it any easier for you at the moment, but it will in time.

Love from Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for the loss of your sweet girl
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk