• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jemima

misty

We sadly lost Jemima to MVD last week. Her last couple of hours were awful. She started coughing and didn't stop. I checked her gums which were almost grey and we bundled her into the car and raced to the nearest vets. She rallied a bit after going onto a drip, then we made the dash with her to the vet hospital 30 minutes away.

When we got to the hospital, she was very very poorly and it was clear she needed to be saved the final few minutes suffering, so she got her wings.

We don't know how old Jemima was. Some of you may remember she had been a breeding bitch when we purchased her from a greyhound stadium car park nearly six years ago. The man selling her really wanted a laptop in exchange for her!

Run free my angel and say hi to Marlon and Bradley who both left us over the past 11 months :(

I'm so sorry you lost Jemina. I know how hard it is to watch them suffer with MVD. I lost my boy in April from it too. It gives me comfort to know that he isn't suffering anymore and neither is Jemina. You rescued her and gave her a good life where she was loved and treasured.

Run free sweet Jemina. RIP *ng*l

I,am so sorry for you loss, but glad you managed to rescue jemima, and she had some quality time and devotion from you, god bless you and your family, and what a reunion it will be when we all meet up with our dearly loved pets at the rainbow bridge. Karen,Ruby and Sadie xxx

I'm so sorry -- for your loss and for the distress before; it is very very hard to see a cavalier you love in so much in difficulty. Jemima had such a positive life after such a terrible start -- imagine all the places she could have ended up with in exchange for a laptop! How lucky she found you.

Man the this forum is getting way too many new posts lately its completely heartbreaking however (trying to fine some sunshine) its so amazing that so many of us get to have that special experience of owning a much loved pet period. Remember your love is the only part of life that is forever.

What an awful start for any dog, let alone a sweet and gentle Cavalier to have, but you saved her from heaven knows what may have happened after the car park and that is what you have to remember through all the tears. Thank you for giving your girl the life you wished she had always had. You will smile later when you are able to take comfort from all the smiles your girl gave you in return for love. R.I.P. sweet Jemima.

I think Cavaliers are special among dog breeds for the way they recover from some terrible starts in life (something to do with all that extra seratonin, perhaps!), which makes it such a special joy to rescue them because they give so much back. I'm sure both you and Jemima discovered this and that the last six years of her life were very special for her after her bad start. Not that this makes it any easier for you at the moment, but it will in time.

Love from Kate, Oliver and Aled

So sad, but you gave her the gift of a good home, and the gift of setting her free from pain. You were so good to her.

Back