• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Companion Cavalier Club Health Seminar - 18th November

Sandrac

We still have a few places left for the Health Seminar being held on 18th November at London Scottish Golf Club House, Windmill Enclosure, Wimbledon Common, SW19 5NQ.

The Speakers are Dr Clare Rusbridge talking on Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia, Helen Shreeve, Small Animal Veterinary Advisor at Boehringer Ingelheim giving a presentation on Mitral Valve Disease and Lynn Burton, a Human CM Sufferer explaining what it is like to live with Chiari Malformation and Syringomyelia.

The talks are intended to help pet owners understand a little more about how these conditions affect our cavaliers.

Places are available to non-members for £15 per ticket, this is to cover the buffet lunch and refreshments.A

Please email [email protected] for an application form or PM me on this forum.

Helen Shreeve, Small Animal Veterinary Advisor at Boehringer Ingelheim giving a presentation on Mitral Valve Disease

It may (or not!) be useful for me to point out that the Boehringer representative is going to have a strong bias based on monetary considerations so I would not particularly take her treatment recommendations as the "gold standard." I experienced this first-hand during the AVMA convention that I attended in 2010, and the Boehringer reps are particularly, shall we say, "opinionated" and aggressive. For this reason, I really don't like using pharmaceutical company employees as a source of medical information, especially related to treatment options and decisions.

Pat

It may (or not!) be useful for me to point out that the Boehringer representative is going to have a strong bias based on monetary considerations so I would not particularly take her treatment recommendations as the "gold standard." I experienced this first-hand during the AVMA convention that I attended in 2010, and the Boehringer reps are particularly, shall we say, "opinionated" and aggressive. For this reason, I really don't like using pharmaceutical company employees as a source of medical information, especially related to treatment options and decisions.

Pat

Thank you Pat, it is a helpful reminder.

The Companion Club Health Seminar went very well and I'm glad to say that Helen, the Boehringer Ingelheim Veterinary Adviser, gave a very clear and unbiased talk on MVD.

The talk by Clare Rusbridge and then Lynn Burton describing the pounding headache and pain and numbness caused by CM made a considerable impression on our members that attended and there has been quite a discussion about the meeting on the Facebook page. At the moment the group are looking at old and new scan certificates and the different gradings.

This is one group of pet owners that will know what certificates to ask for when/if they buy another cavalier.

Back