Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Little Bed Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Our Little Bed Buddy

When my husband and I first brought Butters home, he was insistent that he would NEVER let Butters sleep in the bed....

Well, that didn't last long My husband is a huge softie for this little dog.

Best friends by LSidari, on Flickr

Now that Butters is completely housebroken, he sleeps with us instead of in his crate. Butters was really doing fine with his nightly crate routine, but we missed him when we went to bed. He started out with his own little place at the end of the bed, but now snuggles right between the two of us.

Lately, it hasn't just been our little cav on the bed... it also has been ALL of his friends.

Can we join you? by LSidari, on Flickr

Best friends by LSidari, on Flickr

Butters with forest fox by LSidari, on Flickr

Giraffe man by LSidari, on Flickr

He will bring up one toy after the other and carry them right up to our pillows, just to rest his little head on his mound of toys. He especially likes to bring them to my husband as if they are presents! He has come so far from the little dog that used to hide his toys away
    Last edited by cavalover; 26th October 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is just so cute. These dogs sure know now to make themselves comfortable!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

That is just adorable. We have a new dog, and guess who refuses to put her in the crate, to the point of letting her sleep between us (mind you, this is a 45 lb boxer, plus Rose!) instead? It ain't me! lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooooooooooh Butters is absolutely boooooooootiful. I wouldn't be able to stop myself from letting him sleep on the big bed either. Your hubby is so right and a very good Cavalier man http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/i...ilies/cool.png
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    butters is absolutley beautiful its must be hard to say no to him they are so cute our cavaliers
    i love my louie with all my heart but i will not allow him in my bedroom or on my bed
    because that is the only place were you can go where there is no dog hairs in our house
    sending butters kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies! I agree, Furrfoot, that it is the men that end up being big softies ;-) When I was growing up, my sisters and I all knew that my dad was the pet push-over. The dogs would gather at his end of the table at dinner time... I bet we can all guess why!!

I know what you mean, Lindy, about the dog hairs. That makes a lot of sense, and it is nice to have a couple areas of the house that aren't covered in dog hair. That was my husband's main reason for not wanting Butters in the bed, but I guess cuddles won out this time.

Post Thanks / Like

How cute! Hard to say no to a face like that
    Michele
    RIP Molly

Post Thanks / Like

beautiful photos. he is so cute.
    how old was he when he first started sleeping in your bed? mine isnt even home yet..and i cant wait till shes housebroken so she can sleep with me.
    i miss bed buddies

(i used to have 2 cats on either side of me and oliver at the foot of the bed.) then it wsa just me and meeko...and i brought home simba (second cat) he has been too annoying to let him sleep in my room and if he cant then meeko cant because i cant close the door between them and the cat box. :S
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

Mine loved to sleep between my husband and I, and I loved having her there. She would get so excited when we went camping, she was always the first one in the sleeping bag waiting for us to get in.
    Michele
    RIP Molly

Post Thanks / Like

I adore this post! This is precious. We can't be without Lady in the bed anymore. It's terrible.

Are you a photographer? What kind of camera do you use?
    {Lady} {ruby Cavalier, 1 yr.}

{Ray} {wild man kitty}
    {Jane} {Siamese princess kitty}