• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our Little Bed Buddy

cavalover

When my husband and I first brought Butters home, he was insistent that he would NEVER let Butters sleep in the bed....

Well, that didn't last long :) My husband is a huge softie for this little dog.

Best friends by LSidari, on Flickr

Now that Butters is completely housebroken, he sleeps with us instead of in his crate. Butters was really doing fine with his nightly crate routine, but we missed him when we went to bed. He started out with his own little place at the end of the bed, but now snuggles right between the two of us.

Lately, it hasn't just been our little cav on the bed... it also has been ALL of his friends.

Can we join you? by LSidari, on Flickr

Best friends by LSidari, on Flickr

Butters with forest fox by LSidari, on Flickr

Giraffe man by LSidari, on Flickr

He will bring up one toy after the other and carry them right up to our pillows, just to rest his little head on his mound of toys. He especially likes to bring them to my husband as if they are presents! He has come so far from the little dog that used to hide his toys away

Last edited:
That is just adorable. :l*v: We have a new dog, and guess who refuses to put her in the crate, to the point of letting her sleep between us (mind you, this is a 45 lb boxer, plus Rose!) instead? It ain't me! lol!

hi
butters is absolutley beautiful its must be hard to say no to him they are so cute our cavaliers
i love my louie with all my heart but i will not allow him in my bedroom or on my bed
because that is the only place were you can go where there is no dog hairs in our house
sending butters kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

Thanks for the replies! I agree, Furrfoot, that it is the men that end up being big softies ;-) When I was growing up, my sisters and I all knew that my dad was the pet push-over. The dogs would gather at his end of the table at dinner time... I bet we can all guess why!!

I know what you mean, Lindy, about the dog hairs. That makes a lot of sense, and it is nice to have a couple areas of the house that aren't covered in dog hair. That was my husband's main reason for not wanting Butters in the bed, but I guess cuddles won out this time.

beautiful photos. he is so cute.
how old was he when he first started sleeping in your bed? mine isnt even home yet..and i cant wait till shes housebroken so she can sleep with me. :)
i miss bed buddies :D

(i used to have 2 cats on either side of me and oliver at the foot of the bed.) then it wsa just me and meeko...and i brought home simba (second cat) he has been too annoying to let him sleep in my room and if he cant then meeko cant because i cant close the door between them and the cat box. :S

Mine loved to sleep between my husband and I, and I loved having her there. She would get so excited when we went camping, she was always the first one in the sleeping bag waiting for us to get in. :)

I adore this post! This is precious. We can't be without Lady in the bed anymore. It's terrible.

Are you a photographer? What kind of camera do you use?

Chelsea: We waited until Butters was 10 months and not having any more accidents during the night. At that point, he had gone a full month without any cries to go out in the middle of the night and there were no longer any wet spots in the morning.

Michele: it is so cute how Molly used to sleep in the sleeping bag with you both! Sounds like she really was a wonderful girl :)

Lady Hoop: I use a Canon 1D Mark II. I do some side photography jobs, mostly engagement and kid/children shoots. But, it primarily is just a hobby that I enjoy. My day job keeps me pretty busy, but maybe someday I will do more with it. Butters is, of course, my favorite subject :) He is frequently the focus of posts on my blog: http://lsidari.blogspot.com

Here are some of my favorite Butters posts:

http://lsidari.blogspot.com/2012/05/butters-and-bunny.html
http://lsidari.blogspot.com/2012/08/wild-doggie.html
http://lsidari.blogspot.com/2012/07/officially-texan.html

And, the inspiration for this thread:

http://lsidari.blogspot.com/2012/10/no-more-monkeys-jumping-on-bed.html

He certainly likes being a naughty boy when he gets out of the bath! If only he would enjoy the bath part more :)

Butters looks so much like our Bentley! We were also adamant that a dog would never be in our bed; however, a severe thunderstorm 3 nights in a row changed all that! I'd wake up to a sweet face sitting beside the bed looking at me and I'd pick him up & put him in bed with us. It doesn't take long for a Cav to make a new habit but we love it as much as he does. I have no idea how we spent our time before we had him....

That's a wonderful story about how one tiny Cavalier can capture the heart of one big Human :) I especially love the part about how he brings his toys as presents for the God(s) :)
And I LOVE the pictures!

Back