• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Given away

Chorrells

I went to collect a Springer from some people for re homing and was also 'offered' free this little one as they didn't want her anymore :( She's 7 years old, spayed and KC reg, I couldn't say no as I didn't know what would happen to her else, she's a lovely sweet girl and I got them to sign her over to me and give me her paperwork so they couldn't try and get her back again. They had chopped her coat about and her breath was terrible, they said all they fed her on was sausages, so I got her booked in to the vets the next day after I saw the state of her teeth, she had 11 removed and the rest were descaled/polished and it cost me well over £200 but it was really worth it as she's so much happier and the best news is she has a lovely clear strong heart beat :D Her pet name is Bella and she's settled in very well, Chorrells loves her! I've had her micro chipped as this hadn't been done either.
She does however pull like a devil on a lead, her nails were very long so it looks as if she's not had a lot of exercise, can someone recommend a good walking harness for a CKCS please!

Sandy

bella1.jpg

bella.jpg

I will never understand how anyone could give away a dog because they were not wanted!
It makes me so cross! Thank you Sandy for giving her a loving home. She is gorgeous and is now so lucky to have found you.
I highly recommend the Ezydog harness from Cavaliermatters shop. They are great in both the car and as a normal walking harness, my girl, Spangle has 2 and is happy wearing them. She hates anything being pulled over her head (due to SM), but these clip at the side so there is no pressure near her head.
Sending Bella lots of love and luck in her new life and please keep telling us how she gets on.

She's lovely Sandy,
A very pretty,healthy tri girl. It's such a pity that her former owners didn't appreciate what they had...
Nice to see Chorrels looking all grown up,they'll be wonderful company for one another.
Sins

Absolutely beautiful girl and I am so glad that she is now yours and out of the hands of previous owner. Truly meant to be for you :)

She is so gorgeous! So happy she has found you! I use the "Easy-Walk" front clip harness and it is by-far the best I have tried, highly recommended for pullers.

You are a star for taking her ........Im sure you will rewarded with unconditional love:l*v:

She's lovely--I wouldn't have been able to say no either. Here's hoping you have herr for years and years. :)

hi
i love her she is beautiful they must have no heart to give away such a beautiful girl
you are a wonderful person to take her in and give her a loveing home
sending belle and chorrells kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

Well done for taking Bella in. My two boys wear the Gentle Leader Easy Walk harness, which has the lead clip at the front, not on the back. This means that if they pull, they actually turn themselves towards me. I think the back fastening ones actually encourage pulling, as most dogs seem to instinctively pull against the pressure. It also helps to stop pulling if, every time Bella pulls, you walk backwards! This brings her back beside you without having to tug, and she will quickly learn that pulling gets her nowhere - literally!

Great that her heart is so good; so many bitches from that sort of situation have terrible hearts.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thanks for all your suggestions re the harness, both now sporting nice effective designs and although he's never been a puller I just don't feel that happy using a collar on Chorrells, in fact a lot of our dogs when not off lead wear a harness, most of them a Ruffwear but finding Ruffwear harnessess small enough for Cavs (do they exist?) seems to be difficult so far! Little Bella has settled in very well, she's off for her post op check Tuesday morning, her stitches were dissolvable but as there were some failry large cavities a check up, to be on the safe side that all has filled in well, is in order! She barks when she first goes out on lead but after a few minutes just gets on with the job of having a walk, perhaps it's just excitement! We have 5 little Springer rescue pups here at the moment and she would love to get in and play with them, apparently she was mated with a large Jack Russell some time ago :( but was spayed after she had to have a CS as the pups were too large for her to deliver, so the mothering instinct is still quite apparent!

Sandy

Back