Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Given away

Post Thanks / Like

Default Given away

I went to collect a Springer from some people for re homing and was also 'offered' free this little one as they didn't want her anymore She's 7 years old, spayed and KC reg, I couldn't say no as I didn't know what would happen to her else, she's a lovely sweet girl and I got them to sign her over to me and give me her paperwork so they couldn't try and get her back again. They had chopped her coat about and her breath was terrible, they said all they fed her on was sausages, so I got her booked in to the vets the next day after I saw the state of her teeth, she had 11 removed and the rest were descaled/polished and it cost me well over 200 but it was really worth it as she's so much happier and the best news is she has a lovely clear strong heart beat Her pet name is Bella and she's settled in very well, Chorrells loves her! I've had her micro chipped as this hadn't been done either.
    She does however pull like a devil on a lead, her nails were very long so it looks as if she's not had a lot of exercise, can someone recommend a good walking harness for a CKCS please!

Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

Adorable little girl, congratulations on your new addition!
    Michele
    RIP Molly

Post Thanks / Like

I will never understand how anyone could give away a dog because they were not wanted!
    It makes me so cross! Thank you Sandy for giving her a loving home. She is gorgeous and is now so lucky to have found you.
    I highly recommend the Ezydog harness from Cavaliermatters shop. They are great in both the car and as a normal walking harness, my girl, Spangle has 2 and is happy wearing them. She hates anything being pulled over her head (due to SM), but these clip at the side so there is no pressure near her head.
    Sending Bella lots of love and luck in her new life and please keep telling us how she gets on.
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like

She's lovely Sandy,
    A very pretty,healthy tri girl. It's such a pity that her former owners didn't appreciate what they had...
    Nice to see Chorrels looking all grown up,they'll be wonderful company for one another.
    Sins
    Sharing my sofa with Holly, Ivy,Lilly and Hazy.. and never forgetting our beautiful Daisy who reached the bridge too soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely beautiful girl and I am so glad that she is now yours and out of the hands of previous owner. Truly meant to be for you
    {Lady} {ruby Cavalier, 1 yr.}

{Ray} {wild man kitty}
    {Jane} {Siamese princess kitty}

Post Thanks / Like

She is so gorgeous! So happy she has found you! I use the "Easy-Walk" front clip harness and it is by-far the best I have tried, highly recommended for pullers.
    Courtney
    Lady (1.5 year old tricolour) & Gracie (4 year old blenheim)
    "Happiness is a warm puppy" - Charles M. Schulz

Post Thanks / Like

You are a star for taking her ........Im sure you will rewarded with unconditional love
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

She's lovely--I wouldn't have been able to say no either. Here's hoping you have herr for years and years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    i love her she is beautiful they must have no heart to give away such a beautiful girl
    you are a wonderful person to take her in and give her a loveing home
    sending belle and chorrells kisses and cuddles from louie and his mum

Post Thanks / Like

Well done for taking Bella in. My two boys wear the Gentle Leader Easy Walk harness, which has the lead clip at the front, not on the back. This means that if they pull, they actually turn themselves towards me. I think the back fastening ones actually encourage pulling, as most dogs seem to instinctively pull against the pressure. It also helps to stop pulling if, every time Bella pulls, you walk backwards! This brings her back beside you without having to tug, and she will quickly learn that pulling gets her nowhere - literally!

Great that her heart is so good; so many bitches from that sort of situation have terrible hearts.

Kate, Oliver and Aled