Thread: Adoption

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adoption

I know it hasn't been very long since Molly passed away!
    I knew that I wanted another companion, Cavaliers gave me so much love, but as much as I would love another Cavalier I just can't. He death was awful, and I am too scared to get another one because of the health issues. And it seems like the breeders are breeding them at 2 years of age, which may be too early to really know if they are going to have problems.
    So I have decided to adopt a rescue Greyhound, not finished the process yet.
    Michele
    RIP Molly

Post Thanks / Like

From a cavalier to a greyhound that's a difference I think its great that you would like another dog. Its just a personal decision when or if to get another dog after one passes. Personally I think its a honor and testament to the wonderful relationship you shared with Molly that you are ready to love another dog again.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I volunteer with the local greyhound rescue, and I know how gentle and loving they are. So beside the size difference they are great companions like a cavaliers. I also volunteer at the local shelter, and though some of the dogs there are great others have a lot of anger issues because they came from abusive homes.
    Michele
    RIP Molly