• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rescue Dog Wanted

Zara

Hello All - I have recently taken early retirement and would like to own a dog now for the first time ever. Complete beginner so will need lots of help!

I have looked at several breeds and have set my heart on a Cavalier King Charles. I would like to get a rescue rather than go to a breeder, if possible. I have looked at various sites. How best would I go about giving a forever home to a dog, preferably female and preferably not too old so that I would have quite some time with her? I live in Hertfordshire but can travel a reasonable distance. All advice welcome.

Many thanks.

Zara

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/...nal-list-of-rescue-organisations-and-contacts

This is a link to the list here of cavalier rescue. It may take some time to find the right cavalier for you. In the mean time use this site to learn about the breed. Cavalier's do have some pretty serious health issues (read pretty high vet bills) so you need to know all about that. Plus cavaliers need grooming and such so you can busy yourself with learning about that.

Cavalier are great perfect little dogs for someone retired (or home often). My cavalier Fletcher is my first puppy ever tho I have owned dogs before. Puppies are a lot of work an adult rescue would be perfect for a first dog ever!

Many thanks for your help, Melissa.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/...nal-list-of-rescue-organisations-and-contacts

This is a link to the list here of cavalier rescue. It may take some time to find the right cavalier for you. In the mean time use this site to learn about the breed. Cavalier's do have some pretty serious health issues (read pretty high vet bills) so you need to know all about that. Plus cavaliers need grooming and such so you can busy yourself with learning about that.

Cavalier are great perfect little dogs for someone retired (or home often). My cavalier Fletcher is my first puppy ever tho I have owned dogs before. Puppies are a lot of work an adult rescue would be perfect for a first dog ever!

Welcome and best of luck on finding a rescue! We also often have available rescue dogs in the UK posted into the rescue forum so it's worth keeping an eye out there.

Welcome and best of luck on finding a rescue! We also often have available rescue dogs in the UK posted into the rescue forum so it's worth keeping an eye out there.

Many thanks, I will certainly keep an eye on the rescue forum - I hadn't realised there was one!

Rescue Cavalier are great and soooo loving and grateful! My Sparky is a rescue from a puppy mill that was raided.

Good luck in finding your rescue! :)

Rescue Cavalier are great and soooo loving and grateful! My Sparky is a rescue from a puppy mill that was raided.

Good luck in finding your rescue! :)

Thank you, Lani, your two look thoroughly adorable!

Zara

If ever a cavalier needed rescuing it's this poor boy, free !! where will he end up? Hope Rescue get him as he isn't neutered.

http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classif...valier-king-charles-spaniel-free-swindon.html

I hope this woman/couple never has another child, can you imagine the posting?

"4 years old male child needs to find a new loving home. His name is X, he is very friendly, loves attention, he is cat and kids friendly. He needs a new home as we had the baby and we lacking time for him and its hard for me to look after new baby and the old one. I would rather see him with people who have time for him.
Feel free to email me if you would like to offer X a home."

Oh goodness. Dogs are like children, you can't just get "too busy" for them.

Anyway, welcome to the new poster, and I hope you are able to find a rescue cavalier soon. This one, or some other dog who needs a loving home.

I hope this woman/couple never has another child, can you imagine the posting?

"4 years old male child needs to find a new loving home. His name is X, he is very friendly, loves attention, he is cat and kids friendly. He needs a new home as we had the baby and we lacking time for him and its hard for me to look after new baby and the old one. I would rather see him with people who have time for him.
Feel free to email me if you would like to offer X a home."

Oh goodness. Dogs are like children, you can't just get "too busy" for them.

Anyway, welcome to the new poster, and I hope you are able to find a rescue cavalier soon. This one, or some other dog who needs a loving home.

I totally agree. If you cannot take care of one baby and a 4 years old dog you are pretty sad....its not that hard honestly. Sorry if my statement offends anyone, I know becoming a new parent can be stressful but really....

I have a friend who has a daughter who was born with a lot of medical problems that required them to travel out of state for treatment. One of the many thing I did for her family was dog sit her beloved GREAT DANES yes 2 of them and I worked full-time and had a healthy baby of my own.

Rescue folks are aware of this lad and hopefully will be able to ensure he gets a good home now.

Back