• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meet Garland

mld

This is Garland, we will be picking him up on Saturday! :)

Last edited:
He is, I haven't met him yet but I'm sure that he will fit right in with the family in no time. He's been in a foster home for the last month since he was brought to Canada from the Georgia, hope he likes the snow :)

Is he a rescue greyhound? I have a friend who's had two and she adored them both. Both were very sweet, mellow and couch potatoes at home. She did say that leash training and recall training were key. They are very powerful dogs and most retired racers have not had basic training. He looks like a lovely dog.

He is gorgeous. I have always thought that one day I would like to adopt a retired greyhound. I'm really interested to hear how he fits into your home!

Is he a rescue greyhound? I have a friend who's had two and she adored them both. Both were very sweet, mellow and couch potatoes at home. She did say that leash training and recall training were key. They are very powerful dogs and most retired racers have not had basic training. He looks like a lovely dog.
Yes, he is a rescue, I guess he is going to need a lot of work still as he is very timid around men and also has separation anxiety! I guess I'll see on Saturday just how much he has learned so far, hopefully know how to climb steps. I have everything set up and ready for his arrival.

He is gorgeous. I have always thought that one day I would like to adopt a retired greyhound. I'm really interested to hear how he fits into your home!
Crossing my fingers, we had a visit from a couple with their rescued greyhound and my cat did very well.

Back