• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rosie is being scaned

Sabby

Well AXA just rang me with the go ahead for the pre authorisation for Rosie’s Scan. So Rosie will be scanned this Thursday. I don't even know how I feel I am not expecting a great outcome. I feel numb realy I think already caring for 2 effected dogs has left me Well just have to get on with it.

Fingers crossed, Sabby. At least if it's a bad result you know what you're facing, you're a CM/SM expert, and one of the best pill-givers in Leicestershire!

Love from Kate, Oliver and Aled

Where is the scan being done?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news, but if Rosie does have CMSM then she could not be in more loving hands.

Best of luck on the scan; so sorry you have the worry about this and it is always nerve-wracking waiting for it to be done. But then there's the peace of mind of knowing whether you are dealing with a problem for not. Hoping for a good result. :flwr:

Where is the scan being done?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news, but if Rosie does have CMSM then she could not be in more loving hands.

The scan is being done at our vets mobile scanner that comes once a month. Harley & Ebony were scanned there last year. My vet sends the scan to Clare and she will write a report and advise on medication. Last year I done the same with Ebony but i took Harley to see Clare and Clare was kind enough to have a look at Ebony while we were there. If I have Harley & Ebony rescanned next year I will take them to see Clare again as I find it better to talk to her face to face rather then via Email.

Fingers crossed, Sabby. At least if it's a bad result you know what you're facing, you're a CM/SM expert, and one of the best pill-givers in Leicestershire!

Love from Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thank you all for your good wishes. Thanks Kate. Don't know about expert or best pill giver. I now have to write down every day who I have given what pill at what time as I have given Harley Gabapentin by mistake a few times or I forget if I have given anything, like just now after dinner even with writing it down.

I'm crossing my fingers that the scan will show that most of your fears are unfounded Sabby, but if not, then I think that you are well equipped with expertise and experience to give Rosie the very best of care and attention that there is. Let us know when the scan is going to be done so that we can send positive thoughts to help things along.

Funnily enough I have just solved the problems I have been having about taking the right pills on the right days myself and was scared that I would overdose on something by mistake if I took something twice because I had already taken the correct dose and forgotten about it.

Then I hit on the solution. Most of my pills come in foil backed bubble packs, so I carefully write on the first three letters of each day of the week on the foil backing, then I can easily see if I have had the pill or not. Maybe that might work for you?

I use either a plastic pill tower or a pill box, where you have a separate compartment for each day's pills. Then you can tell at a glance whether you've given the pills already - or forgotten them! If there's two left in that day's box in the afternoon, then I know I've forgotten Oliver's midday pill - though actually I just use one container and put in all the day's pills and can check at a glance which have been given. You'd need to paint H or E on them. I only use the whole tower when we're away on holiday, so that I know I've got all the right pills. I have to do the same for myself as well - in my household, dogs and humans munch their pills together! Actually, morning and evening Oliver reminds me to give him his pills - or rather, to give him the pate they're wrapped in! Lunchtime is the easy one to miss if I'm out...

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back