• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

USA question- Deer Antler chewies- where do you get yours?

Furrfoot

I can't find any large or extra large split (or otherwise) deer antler chewies locally, so I'm going to have to order some. Does anyone have a reputable site they order from that they could share with me? There are just so many out there!

I love Etsy, but I am not a fan of the split Elk Antlers on Etsy. I ordered them for my two an they were cut with too many thin/sharp edges. My dogs chew those thin pieces off and then it is a choking hazard. If you have a mild chewer, they may be okay but I found the savings was not worth the risk for me. Non-split might be okay. I'm also really picky about hooves as well and have to hand pick them because Lucky in particularly breaks pieces off.

I get mine at Pet Value. They are super expensive there (like one is the price of three Etsy Antlers) but they don't sell any with a only a thin sharp edge.

You might like the Etsy ones as well as Melissa does and they are cheap so probably worth a try, but just be careful with them.

Lani, did you get them from the same Etsy seller as Melissa? The description on her link does say they take off the sharp edges, so just wondering if you dealt with the same person? Emma (our boxer) is a power chewer (despite having front teeth worn to nubs- gee, wonder why?), and Rose is no slouch. I didn't even think about the edges possibly being sharp, so thanks for bringing that up! I will google "Pet Value" and see what I come up with, thanks!

Melissa, I will check it out some more- thanks for the link! That's really nice that they will cut them to your specifications! I could ask them to cut and expose some marrow on the wide parts, maybe? Hmm.

*Just checked, no "Pet Valu" near me :/ . Thank you, though, I can google the brand they carry :) .

Last edited:
Lani, did you get them from the same Etsy seller as Melissa? The description on her link does say they take off the sharp edges, so just wondering if you dealt with the same person?

Actually no - should have looked. I bought from this one:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBlissfu...ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ref=sr_gallery_8

They seem cheap but I had to take away the antler after 10 mins. When I compared with the ones from pet value, I noticed they would have shaved off the narrower pieces to not leave anything that could easily be bitten off.

Back