• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Fletcher is not feeling too well I think.

MomObvious

He didn't eat his dinner which is VERY unlike him. Also he didn't do the run around the house thing with Mr. Monster this evening. We walked and he was normal and he's drinking and had his after walk treat a baby carrot but no dinner.........I offered twice too. As you may or may not know Fletcher does have a small habit of chewing on fabric (I am OCD about keeping things away from him) but you never know.....

As for this evening I'm going to keep an extra close eye on him. He has no vomited and had a normal poop the evening too. Let's see, I hope I'm worried about NOTHING and he eats breakfast and it my run around crazy pup tomorrow morning when we are trying to get everyone off to school and work= crazy hour!!!

I hope he is better today. He might not be sick .. Lucky went through a similar period where he lost interest in food, but he got over it.

Hope it turns out to be just a finicky eater

I hope he's feeling better this morning. Rose gets that every once in a while, but as long as she will eat something, it usually will "prime the pump" and get her eating. If you're concerned still because of his fabric nomming habit, call the vet and let them know what's up. :xfngr::l*v:

I guessed from reading your description of Fletcher that he must be a puppy and saw when I checked on your profile page that I was right and he is about 9 months old.

Melissa, sweet lady, this is quite normal behaviour for a puppy of his age and nothing at all to worry about. They have fads and fancies just as children do and change from day to day, it's just part of growing up and is usually nothing to worry about. He could be growing out of Mr Monster too :wggle: I promise you it does happen.

If you really think he may have eaten something that may be causing trouble, then of course see your vet. Otherwise enjoy your lovely pup and please try your best to stop worrying.

Well, Fletcher started whining in his crate at about 2 am so I figured here comes the yucky poops.....Sure enough he goes outside and yeah:grnyuk: He then when back into his crate and drank A LOT of water. He settled down so I went back to bed. My husband got up really early this morning (who knows why) and he took Fletcher outside and sure enough the poop was a little more normal except for a bright purple "something" in it. Sorry I know this is gross but___________ My husband offered him breakfast which he ate no problem and was normal run around nutball Fletcher. So when I got up we talked about the mysterious "purple poop" it was pouring down rain this morning too, but my husband took out the garden hose and investigated,......... well good news and bad news. Bad news....Fletcher has eaten a plastic purple ring thingy for a gallon of milk--you know the piece you pull off to open the gallon!!!! Good news is it was the WHOLE THING!!!! So when the vet opened I called, I talked to my vet and we decided since the plastic thingy was WHOLE and he was acting fine now to just watch and hope that was it. She gave me a list of things to look for even sent me an email in case I forgot.

Fletcher has been fine all day and my vet even called late this afternoon to check (I love her) We only have ONE trash can in our entire down starts and it LOCKS. Mr. Monster used to like to knock over the trash can and sit on it when he was younger. I'm guessing someone opened a gallon of milk and dropped the thingy on the floor. I am VERY careful keeping no no things away from Fletcher. My kids have learned new household rules... I watch him carefully but still.....I feel like a bad Mommy. I know I'm not, but really why can't I get this otherwise perfect dog to stop eating things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will leave-it if I tell him to not if I have no idea what he has.

Anyway, the main thing is he's great now.

Yay!! Glad he is feeling better and he passed the plastic. It must have really bothered him.

Don't feel bad. My guys will eat anything on the floor. I am super careful, but still I have caught them chewing on things they shouldn't ... No idea how they could have gotten access to them either. And you have kids, so you have an extra hurdle to keeping the floor clean. :)

Anyway, glad he is doing better. Don't be surprised though, as Flo said, if he does have some teenage bouts of food snobbery in the future. When Lucky was about that age he'd eat his breakfast but rarely his dinner, but he was otherwise fine and 100% normal. Now if he does not get two meals a day on his expected schedule he acts like he is starving and goes to the kitchen to grab his bowl and drops it at my feet. LOL

Good news- Yay! :D And really, please don't feel bad- it happens to all of us. Today, Rose passed a mucousy stool with "something that looked like corn" according to Abigail. Since we haven't had anything corn, there is no telling what she ate that went straight through and irritated her tummy (but not too badly- she's eating fine, playing, etc. etc.). It's the nature of a dog- perpetual toddlers!...unfortunately for us dog-moms! (((hugs)))

So glad that you found out what was going on with Fletcher Melissa. Oh they do worry us sometimes don't they. Your vet sounds great. Rebel has his favourite lady at our vets, she's called Mrs Thompson and she admits to having become very fond of her 'handsome young man who showers her with kisses at every opportunity', but I don't think she's got the hang of e-mailing yet. I hate to tell her that I teach I.T. and could sort her out in no time!

What would we do without these impish little Cavaliers to keep us on our toes?

Back