Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pill Pocket Ideas????

Post Thanks / Like

Brian, I put Jasper`s tablets in very thin small pieces of ham, but this may not be that good for Daisy with her having so many tablets, Jasper only takes 2 tablets per day, never had a problem with him taking them like this, but when I give him his worming tablet I give it in the food he does seem to find it and leaves it at the bottom of his bowl so I always have to check the bowl so Ollie does`nt get it and have a double dose. They are all very different, Ollie would eat anything more or less. It`s funny the games they play, my two are so different and I love how different they both are, must be great fun in your house with all the different personalities, they must keep you on your toes at all times. Keep it up Daisy, you know your Dad loves it, and you will all get away with anything.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 13 and Ollie age 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

hi
    ice cream for louie sometimes i crush the tablet
    or a spoonfull of ice crean with the tablet inside
    goes down no bother

Post Thanks / Like

I use thin slices of turkey, they probalby end up with less than one slice per day.

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...-turkey-breast
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

I get a box of the cheapest pate from Aldi's (Sainsburys and Tescos do the same kind of thing - they all cost around 60p) cut a small chunk and pop the pills in. The box lasts about a week in the frig, and Oliver queues up for his treat. Aled always has a bit too, so when he needs SM pills, he's going to be a doddle to dose!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

I give Tess a pill every night in a small spoonful of peanut butter. Have also used: hot dog, chicken, beef, wet dog food and the pill pockets (large and small). My vet also sold me a small jar of what the pill pockets are made of so that you can scoop out a small ball of it and wrap it around anything. I also take a glucosamine supplement and sprinkle it on one dog's food (she won't eat the tablet), pour the salmon oil over it and mix it thoroughly with the kibble.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

One of Bentley's monthly tablets, Comfortis, is so huge (about the size of a nickel) that I have to cut in into 4 pieces. It also has an odor that's not so pleasant and there's no way he'll eat it unless it's wrapped in Velveeta. Fortunately it's just once a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Princess View Post
    So I tried a tiny piece of cheese singles. One square will last me a week. Just enough to cover the pill.he loved it.
    This is what I do too, I use a low fat brand, and just use a tiny amount. Misty would take her's with meat paste, or peanut butter, but now Murphy gets meds, and he is fussy about what he eats. He wont look at peanut butter or meat paste, he's a little snob, just turns his nose up!
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Thanks for the many replies to pick from .We have decided to go with thin sliced fresh turkey not processed and of course Daisy agrees .

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nu...-turkey-breast

Which has a sodium content of 0% .I am very pleased with this its a super result

Tks

Bri
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T