• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Not good news for Rosie

Sabby

Rosie was scanned today and unfortunately it isn’t good news. But I knew this deep down already. The vet is sending the scan to Clare Rusbridge but he said that she is worse than Harley & Ebony. She has a wide syrinxe in her neck and it goes all the way down her spine.

I should have listened to my gut instinct years ago, but she used to suffer with ear & skin problems.

I just can’t believe all three of mine age 4,5 & 6 have got it.

Sabby, I am so sorry. This dreadful condition is relentless, and it is so unfair.
My thoughts are with you. Sending you all hugs.
Christine

Oh, darn it. Although you knew it deep down. I can't believe you got a triple whammy either. It's not true either that misery loves company. All of us with SM dogs would love to never hear of another dog with SM ever again. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Rosie - and with Harley and Ebony.

Sabby, words fail me right now. I am so, so sorry you have received this awful news :x I just hate that another beloved cavalier has to have this horrible disease. You are the best Mom to Rosie, Harley and Ebony. Sending you lots of love and hugs :hug:

This is awful news. Three our three just goes to show how many cavaliers are effected. I'm sorry you AND your dogs are living with this....BUT remember LIVING, treat as best you can with a lot of hope, medications, and God's grace I hope you share many more healthy days than bad......

Oh no, Sabby; I am so sorry to hear that. :( I hope you and Clare can work out a good management strategy and she does fine on that. Thinking of you and Rosie.

I am so sorry that Rosie has this too Sabby. Life is so unfair sometimes.

I agree with Karlin that good management strategies are available. My boy hasn't seen Clare, but my vet has used her treatment matrix to get him back to a normal happy life. Not bad for an almost ten year old, so hope springs eternal.

Hi

Poor you Sabby and Rosie ,Harley and Ebony you must feel totally devastated life can be so cruel and unjust and more often
its the good and kind people like you that gets hurt .We all feel your hurt.

Brian

I'm so sorry to hear this Sabby, hearing it the first time is heartbreaking enough.

The good thing for Rosie is that you know what your dealing with, and you already manage the other two and make sure they are happy in life. I pray that she gets settle on a meds quickly, and continues to enjoy herself. These little SM/CM dogs are amazing, Misty continues to surprise me. I was shocked and heartbroken after seeing her MRI scan, I thought I wouldn't have her long, a year on, she's now on a lots of meds, but I firmly believe she enjoys life, and as long as I can see that I know she's doing okay.

Take care, and let us know how she goes.

Oh Sabby I am so sorry, I didn't realise she was being scanned. I know you have had concerns for a long time, so it is good that you are now aware and have got a treatment program in place. It is very hard to deal with multiple poorly dogs especially when you have your own health issues too.

Devastated for you that you are going through all this - I hope they will keep as well as possible for a long time yet.

Back