Thread: Coventry Walkathon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coventry Walkathon

The Coventry Walkathon is held every year for individuals or groups to raise money for charities and local causes. It's not a competition, just a gentle stroll on tarmac paths around our beautiful Memorial Park (off the Kenilworth Road) - one lap is 1.75 miles. This year the Walkathon is being held on Sunday, 12 May and a group of us (mainly, but not entirely, from the Companion Cavalier Club) will be taking part with our Cavaliers to raise money for health research. Everything we raise will be divided equally beteween Rupert's Fund and the Cavalier Collection Scheme. Anyone is welcome to join us on the walk, and we hope that lots of you will sponsor us. We will have a Justgiving page (not yet ready - I'll keep you posted), as well as paper sponsorship forms for those we can get hold of personally! We're just going to do one lap and then, if the weather's nice, have a picnic lunch together in the park; our troop of Cavaliers should be an impressive sight!

So please join us or sponsor us

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tania and I organise the Cavalier Collection Scheme www.thecavaliercollectionscheme.org so I would just like to say how much we appreciate you doing this.

I may even be able to join in on my mobility scooter, with a little Japanese Chin riding shotgun.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

So far we have a team of four for the Walkathon on 12 May - and about 10 Cavaliers, so we should look pretty impressive! If anyone else would like to join the team, could you let me know before 22 April, please, either via a PM here or at kate879@btinternet.com. There's a 5 entry fee. Our Just Giving site is now up and running, so if you would like to sponsor us in aid of the Cavalier Collection Scheme you can do it very quickly and simply at www.justgiving.com/Companion-Cavaliers. Fingers crossed for nice weather!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    I may even be able to join in on my mobility scooter, with a little Japanese Chin riding shotgun.
    Made me smile Just put a cute dog on the front and go heheheheeee.....

My Dad needs a scooter now when we are doing something that requires a lot of walking. For some reason I feel to need to decorate it every time I'm out with him using it. Sometimes its just a cute pink little girls bike bell sometimes I go all out........
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras