• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Thanksgiving with a Cavalier

cavalover

This was our first Thanksgiving having Butters as a part of our family. I believe, if he had a say, this would be his favorite holiday of the year... being a day dedicated wholly to eating (which comes close to his other favorite past-time, cuddling). My husband and I make a point of not feeding him at the table, but he finds his ways to still try and get in there... as you can see from the evidence below...

Where's my Thanksgiving plate? by LSidari, on Flickr

The full posting about our family Thanksgiving is on my blog: lsidari.blogspot.com

Last edited:
That looks exactly like Bentley. He gets his nose under grandpa's elbow somehow, resting his chin on the table next to the plate. That would have grossed me out so completely only a couple of short years ago......amazing what we learn to love!

I agree that it would have grossed me out not too long ago as well, and that little dog is eternally hopeful! It is funny because his way of dealing with our "table training" is simply to beg to the guests instead of his mommy and daddy. Sounds like Bentley is also smart about it, trying to win over Grandpa ;-)

I believe he did get into someone's chip dip, however. We found a fairly large spot of chili dip on his little leg by the end of the night. Just one of the things that comes with owning a cavalier. I have to say, though, I never have to worry about sweeping up crumbs off the floor anymore!

Cavalover, Grandpa is the man of the house here, not a visitor. We call ourselves Grandma & Grandpa to Bentley which was just automatic since we've been grandparents for 25 years. And grandpa is a real pushover, let me tell you! He's the guy who did not want a house dog. Took him about 5 minutes to be won over.

That makes a lot of sense to call yourselves Grandma and Grandpa, then! My husband did not want a dog either... and now he is talking about when we can get a second one! Funny how quickly they change their minds ;-)

Back