• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Comparison photos of 70's/80's heads vs. today's heads

Lady Hoop

I came across this very interesting page. http://roycroftinformationcenter.co... InfoCenter Health SM MRI to Skull Comps.html

Has anyone ever seen this? Thoughts??

After the skull/MRI comparison photos in the beginning there is the comparison of the skull shapes of cavaliers in the 70s and 80s vs. today. My girl is not diagnosed with SM nor has she been tested, but I am always interested in learning more about it and being aware. I have heard Karlin refer to one of hers as being a "Roycroft" - I am curious if there is any correlation?

I have always thought Lady's head seemed different than most Cavs I see around. Her snout is a bit longer and skull not as high rounded, but more flat. I notice in the pictures on the website that she resembles the older head shapes. Intriguing.

I came across this very interesting page. http://roycroftinformationcenter.co... InfoCenter Health SM MRI to Skull Comps.html

Has anyone ever seen this? Thoughts??

After the skull/MRI comparison photos in the beginning there is the comparison of the skull shapes of cavaliers in the 70s and 80s vs. today. My girl is not diagnosed with SM nor has she been tested, but I am always interested in learning more about it and being aware. I have heard Karlin refer to one of hers as being a "Roycroft" - I am curious if there is any correlation?

I have always thought Lady's head seemed different than most Cavs I see around. Her snout is a bit longer and skull not as high rounded, but more flat. I notice in the pictures on the website that she resembles the older head shapes. Intriguing.

I've seen the page. Laura Lang has done an outstanding job with it. Roycroft is Laura's cavalier kennel name. She is in Ohio.

My family has had cavaliers born in every decade since the 1960s, and I cannot distinguish any of their heads by their decade of birth. I do not think that the length of the muzzle is in any way determinative of whether the dog is predisposed to CM/SM or not. I think that maybe, just maybe, the back of the head could be determinative.

There is a Facebook page devoted to dealing with this issue:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CMSMresearch/?notif_t=group_r2j_approved

This is a Facebook page where owners of many breeds put up photos and scans for discussion.

It is connected to a study being done at Bristol & the aim is to see if it is possible to find some external indicators to the presence of CM. Anyone interested can ask to join the group.

I have put up a MRI scan of a Japanese Chin and intend to put up Faith's latest scan when I get her BVA/KC scheme gradings

Back