Thread: Chesney

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chesney

This is my first post. My beloved blenheim cavalier, Chesney, was put to sleep two weeks ago today. Still can't believe he is gone. He was only 8 years old but suffered from a heart murmur which rapidly went to stage 3 then heart failure despite his medication. He was fine at the beginning of this year and we had many lovely walks here in North Yorkshire until september when he slowed right down. Couldn't believe how quickly this disease took him. I miss him so much, he took a piece of my heart with him and I will always remember my loving little walking pal. Life is so different without my little shadow, but i feel lucky to have had 8 special and active years with him, some people do not even get that long with these dogs and I feel for all owners who lose their cavaliers at such young ages. I think of you every day Chez.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this now. I've been away from the board for a bit.

But I know, many times when we have lost a pet we come looking for comfort by sharing our story. Thank you for sharing your story about Chesney. He sounds like he was a lovely boy, and gone way too soon.

I hope someday you will have a smile when you think of him, rather than the tears you are experiencing now.

I hope you'll stick around and share your experiences with heart issues, as it may help others.

Thinking of you and saying a prayer.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chesney

Quote Originally Posted by mommytoClaire View Post
    I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this now. I've been away from the board for a bit.

But I know, many times when we have lost a pet we come looking for comfort by sharing our story. Thank you for sharing your story about Chesney. He sounds like he was a lovely boy, and gone way too soon.

I hope someday you will have a smile when you think of him, rather than the tears you are experiencing now.

I hope you'll stick around and share your experiences with heart issues, as it may help others.

Thinking of you and saying a prayer.
    Thanks for reading my post and your reply and to others who have taken the time to read the few words I posted. Chesney has been gone two months now, I still miss him and have a couple of tears now writing this.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. I don't know how your post was missed by so many of us. Two months is not a lot of time to get over the heartbreak of losing Chesney. My heart aches for all those who watch their dogs suffer from MVD. You're right when you said that he took a little piece of you - but he also gave you all of himself for 8 years - his heart and soul and undying love and affection. That's what cavaliers excel at. I hope soon you'll be able to look back at your time with him with affection. How sad that he wasn't able to give you more. Your post was a beautiful tribute to him.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I feel for you. I lost Tommy 2 days before your post. He was 12 years old so at least he lived to a reasonable age despite his increasing health problems.

I still miss him every day. I miss him lying in my way in the bathroom every morning and his sloppy old dog kisses last thing at night.

In thirty six years I have lost many dogs, so I know it will eventually ease, but at this moment in time I still would give anything to have him complicating my life again.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry. Losing a beloved pet is so hard. You never stop missing or loving them. I lost Sydney 9 mos ago from MVD and he will always be a part of me just as your beautiful Chesney will be with you.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Red Headed Baby Girl
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss. I can only image how hard this has been for you. I am sorry that i missed your post but please do continue to talk about Chesney on this forum as he was an important part of your. It would be lovely to hear about some of your memories if you feel able x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, please do come and share as you need about your lovely dog.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry, I am also just seeing this now...

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondered how you are doing? Not sure if you still visit the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk