• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chesney

Constantius

This is my first post. My beloved blenheim cavalier, Chesney, was put to sleep two weeks ago today. Still can't believe he is gone. He was only 8 years old but suffered from a heart murmur which rapidly went to stage 3 then heart failure despite his medication. He was fine at the beginning of this year and we had many lovely walks here in North Yorkshire until september when he slowed right down. Couldn't believe how quickly this disease took him. I miss him so much, he took a piece of my heart with him and I will always remember my loving little walking pal. Life is so different without my little shadow, but i feel lucky to have had 8 special and active years with him, some people do not even get that long with these dogs and I feel for all owners who lose their cavaliers at such young ages. I think of you every day Chez.

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this now. I've been away from the board for a bit.

But I know, many times when we have lost a pet we come looking for comfort by sharing our story. Thank you for sharing your story about Chesney. He sounds like he was a lovely boy, and gone way too soon.

I hope someday you will have a smile when you think of him, rather than the tears you are experiencing now.

I hope you'll stick around and share your experiences with heart issues, as it may help others.

Thinking of you and saying a prayer.

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this now. I've been away from the board for a bit.

But I know, many times when we have lost a pet we come looking for comfort by sharing our story. Thank you for sharing your story about Chesney. He sounds like he was a lovely boy, and gone way too soon.

I hope someday you will have a smile when you think of him, rather than the tears you are experiencing now.

I hope you'll stick around and share your experiences with heart issues, as it may help others.

Thinking of you and saying a prayer.

Thanks for reading my post and your reply and to others who have taken the time to read the few words I posted. Chesney has been gone two months now, I still miss him and have a couple of tears now writing this.

I'm so sorry. I don't know how your post was missed by so many of us. Two months is not a lot of time to get over the heartbreak of losing Chesney. My heart aches for all those who watch their dogs suffer from MVD. You're right when you said that he took a little piece of you - but he also gave you all of himself for 8 years - his heart and soul and undying love and affection. That's what cavaliers excel at. I hope soon you'll be able to look back at your time with him with affection. How sad that he wasn't able to give you more. Your post was a beautiful tribute to him.

I feel for you. I lost Tommy 2 days before your post. He was 12 years old so at least he lived to a reasonable age despite his increasing health problems.

I still miss him every day. I miss him lying in my way in the bathroom every morning and his sloppy old dog kisses last thing at night.

In thirty six years I have lost many dogs, so I know it will eventually ease, but at this moment in time I still would give anything to have him complicating my life again.

I'm so sorry. Losing a beloved pet is so hard. You never stop missing or loving them. I lost Sydney 9 mos ago from MVD and he will always be a part of me just as your beautiful Chesney will be with you.

I am so sorry for your loss, and also sorry your post was somehow missed by us! It is so difficult to lose them at any time but especially when they should still have many good years ahead. Sadly MVD intervenes too often, and it is a hard condition to see affect our dogs. I have had two go through this who were otherwise fine and it seems so cruel. I am glad you had your many good years with Chesney and also, that you are able to draw upon great memories to bring some comfort.

So sorry for your loss. I can only image how hard this has been for you. I am sorry that i missed your post but please do continue to talk about Chesney on this forum as he was an important part of your. It would be lovely to hear about some of your memories if you feel able x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondered how you are doing? Not sure if you still visit the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back