• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We're wrapped around his paw...

CSutherland

We have become the slaves of Bentley....he runs the show around here. He's 2 years old now and a couple months ago we started allowing him to sleep with us. He has now become so in love with us that he wants our affection and attention more & more. It's sweet but, my goodness, it's hard to get anything else done! If I sit down to check my emails he sits in front of me with those beautiful eyes imploring me to lift him to my lap alongside my laptop. Today I was trying to leave the house to shop for a couple of hours and he was so sure he was going with me that I thought I'd never get out. I had to leave some of the stuff behind that I meant to take along because I couldn't hold him back and get out the door while carrying it. I held his collar with one hand, opened the door with the other and slithered out. Then he ran to the window to watch me drive out, again with those adorable eyes accusing me of abandoning him.

He really does want to please, however. We put the Christmas tree up and the first night he pulled a bow off and munched on it. A couple of sharp "no-no" orders and he hasn't bothered anything since. Gotta love this boy!

Awww, I love it! They have the sweetest little hearts, don't they? What made you decide to finally cave in? Hehe.

Ours sleeps with us too and I definitely think it's made her more attached to us. We are just crazy about our little love bug :)

So it's not my imagination that he's more attached. Makes me feel better. ha. We had never even considered having him in our bed and he was perfectly happy in his own bed in our room. BUT, we had loud thunderstorms 3 nights in a row and I'd wake up to find him on my side of the bed wanting some comfort. I picked him up and he snuggled in and the rest is history. He does sleep on top of the covers.

Nope, not your imagination! I'm convinced she would be slightly more independent without our night time routine. Around 9-10PM each night she decides it's bed time (this is rather new, within the last month, so I'm sure you can expect this from Bentley too). If she's awaken by something on the couch near bed time, she will scurry to the bedroom and jump in our bed and curl up. If we don't follow her, she comes to retrieve us. If we say "bed time" she promptly gets in the bed no matter what she's doing :) They are so funny.

That is too funny! I can't even remember why we caved in. I know it didn't take us long at all! We couldn't resist those eyes and that doom and gloom look. She always tries to prop her neck up on my neck which is not the most comfortable sleeping position for me! :grin: You will have to come back and share any funny stories. I loved reading cavalover's story of Butters' nightly routine with his friends.

Back