• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet First Aid Kits

anniemac

I have an AKC emergency first aid kit but I was wondering what people think would be good to always have on hand in case of sickness or emergency. I know the best thing to do is to call a vet or poison hotline if something was digested etc. but I am open to ideas of things that maybe every pet owner might want or have. I am glad I have rescue remedy on hand but maybe other things to help with upset stomachs etc.

Any ideas?

I don't have a pet first aid kit but I do own 2 well stocked regular first aid kits (I keep one on my car). I keep bandages of all sizes, gauze, tape, gloves, tweezers, creams for bug bites, burns, and boo boo cleaning. I even have a few of those cold pack things too. I also travel with all kinds of "just in case" things. Hey I'm a Mommy. But the one and only "pet" emergency thing I MUST have in the house is cornstarch. Yep cornstarch if you mix it with a little water and make a paste it stopped the bleeding when you clip one of those toe nails too short. Oops I have done it even tho I try so so so hard to be careful. I also keep canned pumpkin in the house for those puppy tummy moments.

Hello Annie

I have two I put together in the car so will have a look and see what's in them.

Back