Hi everyone im new to hear. We are looking in to getting a cavalier puppy and are doing lots of research. It will be nice to speak to people who have a cavalier and can give us some good advise We have 2 children aged 7 and 4 and a persian cat. we would love to add a dog to our family after much research we narrowed it down to a pug or a cavalier. Our first choice is the cavalier but i have a few worrys. The health problems are a big worry as of course the last thing anyone wants is to fall in love with a puppy and then it to have bad health problems. I spoke to my vet who tried to advise me against getting one and said it will most likely have heart problems or worse. I have looked on the kc list of breeders and rang a few local to me and none of them do any testing they just say there dogs have never had any problems which of course i have no proof of that.

I would also like to hear from people who have a cav and cats or children or both and how they all get along. I have heard cavs are great with kids and know a few people with them and children and have no problems at all. Of course i am aware of supervision at all times and puppy and children never to be left alone together.

I would appreciate any advise you can give me on a new puppy. thank you