Thread: Jazz getting spayed tomorrow

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jazz getting spayed tomorrow

I know it's the right thing to do but boy am I nervous about jazz going for her op tomorrow - all my family dogs when I was growing up were spayed but this time it's different - I guess I'm a mum now, although one of a fur-baby

I'm sending my partner to the vet because I'm so worried she'll pick up on my nervousness and I don't want to worry her- He's sending me to work! I'll be so glad when she's home.

any hints or tips on looking after her once she's home will be gratefully received
    Nicki
    Proud owner of Jazz

Post Thanks / Like

I have no advice to give, just want to wish Jazz the best tomorrow and an uneventful recovery.
    I too am nervous about BellaMia's spay, and hers won't be for a few more months yet!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I want to say goodluck to her for tomorrow.

A hint i have is that she may just be feeling a bit sorry for herself, so be comforting and give her lots of cuddles.
    If she is worrying at her stitches, rather than a cone around her head, invest in some baby jumpsuits that will cover them, she will be much happier with clothes rather than a bucket on her head! I find that the dogs hate the 'cone of shame'..
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck for today - I've just dropped Rosie off at the vet for her spay, I know she'll be fine but still can't help worrying.
    Unlike all my other bitches who had the traditional remove everything operation, Rosie is just having her ovaries removed, not her uterus, so it will be interesting to see what her pain levels and recovery time is like in comparison.

Bless her, I've got some nice white fish ready to steam for her tonight (we don't give chicken in this house since Maddie developed colitis everytime she had chicken or turkey). I'm sure she'll feel really sorry for herself.
    I didn't need a cone for Maddie, she was a very good girl who didn't worry at her stitches at all, I don't think I'll be that lucky this time.

Let us know how Jazz gets on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all - she was dropped off earlier this morning and apparantly the "brakes" went on the second she went into the vets reception....do they know? she had puppy socailisation at the vets and she had no problem at all being there, but now it seems she's picked up "the fear". Thankfully her favourite nurse is on duty so I know she'll be given some cuddles later.....

I'm an emotional wreck already!

I'll update you all later.
    Nicki
    Proud owner of Jazz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nix105 View Post
    Thanks all - she was dropped off earlier this morning and apparantly the "brakes" went on the second she went into the vets reception....do they know? she had puppy socailisation at the vets and she had no problem at all being there, but now it seems she's picked up "the fear". Thankfully her favourite nurse is on duty so I know she'll be given some cuddles later......
    They must know - Rosie was the same, she went in ok, but as soon as the nurse came to get her the brakes went on and she hid under the chair. Then she couldn't possibly walk so had to be carried. Little minx.