• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

lyrica not working or Air pressure

Sabby

Yesterday and today Harley been scratching a lot and he doesn’t look happy. Just looked at the air pressure and it is 981. Yesterday is was 1023 so a bit of a drop. So I hope it’s that what is affecting him. But he is on Lyrica and I don’t think it’s doing a lot for him. I need to email Clare to see if we can do something different, but it always takes ages for her to get back and I hate seeing him like this. I really need to find a good Neurologist in the midlands so I can go and see them more easily. Then on top of it Ebony has started with her colitis again. It’s just never ending. It just seems like we are having more bad days then good days.

Hi Sabby

Have you thought of The Willows in Solihull? It would be worth asking around if other people have been there and what they thought of it. I took my two boys there for eye examinations in the summer and it's a big veterinary hospital with neurologists on the staff.

The pressure has been making huge leaps up and down - Oliver hasn't been too good either. And 30 millibars is rather more than 'a bit of a drop' - think plane hitting turbulence and suddenly dropping!

Let's have a chat at the party tomorrow - I probably won't be able to help but at least I can be a sympathetic ear, and can tell you more about the RVC trial. And you could talk to Margaret Carter too, as she'll be there.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Those pressure changes can be tough. Have you thought if trying an extra painkiller for bad days? There are a range of things to try and they can give a boost that can see a dog through the uncomfortable days.

Now that i've started to regularly monitor air pressure and give Rebel a little more Metacam than his usual half his weight dose I find that he doesn't have any bad days. I do of course know that his may change at any time because SM is a progresive disease.

Those pressure changes can be tough. Have you thought if trying an extra painkiller for bad days? There are a range of things to try and they can give a boost that can see a dog through the uncomfortable days.

yes I have given him Previcox ( previcox is the expensive version of Metacam suppose to be more gentle on the tummy)yesterday in between his Lyrica and he seemed a lot better. I just want to be careful with anti inflammetarys because he had colitis in the past. Yes I kkep monitoring the pressure and it's been badly dropping over that last 3 days.

Back