• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Midlands Christmas Party

Kate H

Well, after a slow start we had a rush for tickets and ended up with about 25 people, 23 Cavaliers and two honorary Cavaliers aka Westies. We paid for the hire of the hall (my church kindly gave us a special rate in spite of being chronically broke) and will be sending £45 to Rupert's Fund. Thank you to everyone who came, but special thanks to:

Amy, my right hand woman, who not only helped me with transporting stuff, but helped with the games and gave a useful talk (her first ever, I think!) on grooming. She doesn't have a dog at present but was delighted to win a little padded house in the raffle for her elderly cat to sleep in.

Veterinary nurse Bethany, who gave a great talk on first aid, and had some freebies for humans and sold a lot of pocket-size first aid kits for the dogs.

Margaret, who came from Hertfordshire to give many people the benefit of her wisdom and experience, especially about SM.

Tania, who brought some lovely stuff from the Cavalier Matters shop and made such generous donations to the raffle.

Sandra, secretary of the Companion Cavalier Club, who also travelled from the south east.

Jackie, who doesn't even have a dog at the moment, let alone a Cavalier, but always turns up to help at my events, and yesterday looked after the raffle (and to Di, who went round selling tickets)

Jayne, who contributed a delicious cake to the tea.

Mick, aka Santa, who arrived with two of his reindeer with impressive antlers and distributed little presents to all the Cavaliers (more than he gave out at our recent church bazaar, I may say!).

And everyone who joined in the games (the sausage race made everyone laugh!), bought raffle tickets and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

The sausage race certainly made me laugh. I am convinced there was some serious cheating going on. No self respecting cavaliers would have left so much sausage, let alone allow it to be wrestled from them and placed on a plate.

The afternoon was great fun and the grooming talk and the first aid talk were very helpful. There is a lot of appreciation and thanks being posted on the Companion Cavalier Club facebook page.

Thank you Kate, your hard work on behalf of the Club was very much appreciated ( and so was your shortbread, everyone is saying how delicious it was )
I am hoping we will be able to put up a couple of photos soon.

I am so glad that your party went off so well Kate. Nobody could have worked harder than you obviously do. I had some wildly out on sinc delusion of being able to make an early start at LKA, then go on to your event in Coventry, but it wasn't to be, as I ended up with a late start, slow judging and then not getting away until 3.30. Next year perhaps?

We had a wonderful time and it was lovely meeting so many of you. Well done Kate for an interesting and fun afternoon. Honestly there was no cheating going on in the sausage race, I was more amazed than anyone that Minnie and Rosie managed to retrieve and give up the most sausages. :lol: Think it might have something to do with Rosie only have half her teeth!!

Here are a couple of pictures from the afternoon.

Santa arrives with his Helpers to give all the good little Cavaliers their present. Sorry Santa Minnie couldnt wait and ate some of hers!

XmasParty_zpsa577c82c.jpg

The Fancy Dress Competition

XmasParty1_zps247df07c.jpg

Back