Thread: What is a "12 monthly basis"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default What is a "12 monthly basis"?

According to Clare Rusbridge's treatment algorithm dogs on long-term medication should have haematology and biochemistry monitored on a "12 monthly basis". To me that is synonymous with annually (once per year). My neurologist is reading it as a monthly basis (12 times per year). We have our first such check up this Saturday. I don't really mind bringing her in so often, and it will good to check her values shortly after starting the medication. But I think it does seem to be a lot of blood draws for her to be doing this do often.

Which interpretation is correct?

And perhaps someone could suggest that the next time the algorithm is updated that the wording be made more clear for non-native English speakers. It appears the Italian version might spell out clearly the frequency at which medications require monitoring, but I really don't know Italian at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are right -- it is at least once a year; some people do it every 6 months.

You definitely do not need to do this monthly!!!

I'll mention this to Clare.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My Rebel is vet checked every 3 months for heart and geriatric problems and has annual bloods taken as per the algorithym.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, I wanted to be absolutely certain before I mentioned it. These language issues can be so complicated.

For me the language was clear, but then if someone disagrees, I have to be sure I didn't misread, or there's a British/American English issue at foot. And I didn't want to say something that was incorrect.