• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

white pads of the paws

happypawstou

I have a 2 1/2 year old fixed bitch who has white pads on her paws. I was wondering if anyone out there knows if there is any special care needed because they are white? I live in Wisconsin and we get hot pavement in the summer and right now are having frigid temps after a blizzard. All the dogs I have had before alll had black pads. I am treating them the same, only because I do not know otherwise what to do.

Are they white, or pink? I've not heard of white paw pads, but cavaliers with white markings will often have some all pink or part-pink, part-black paw pads. There's no difference between the two; just skin colour. :)

maggie has pink paws with one that has a black spot on it.
will they always be pink? or will they change like her nose did. lol

Maggie will probably always have pink paw pads :)
Kokoda's still have the exact same pattern on them as when i got him.
I don't think Maggies will change :)
Kokoda's are mostly black but have a pink toe or two on each foot :)

I've moved this thread as I just realised the original poster put it in the breed rescue forum, where fewer people would be likely to see it.

On pink pads -- they often get black spots as they grow or existing black can spread. Someone on the forum once thought the 'new' black that showed up as their puppy got older, was oil spots and was trying to wash them out! :) Jaspar's paws were almost entirely pink when he was young but are now black and pink.

Noses almost always go entirely black but some fail to -- considered a fault for showing, but of no matter whatsoever otherwise.

I wondered if anyone can give some advice on diet, getting quite concerned, as Ruby is quite overweight, she weighs 12kg, my vet said she should weigh around 8kgs, he recommended royal canine for neutered adults, 50grams in morning and 50grams in evening, i,ve cut out all treats, she just does,nt seem to be losing anything. She has regular exercise, but is not very energetic, i try and encourage her to run, which she is starting to do, but know now this could be down to her cm/sm, which i,am seeing my vet about in the new year.Last time i had her weighed she had,nt lost anything. How can this be, when i,ve been so strict with her, surely it can,t all be done to exercise? Sadie my rescue came to me weighing 8kg, and still weighs the same, which is fine, but then she is extremely active, any ideas that i can try, Karen, Ruby and Sadie

Back