• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sisters

Super Princess

Maggies breeder lives on the mainland, a 3 hour drive (and boat ride) there and 3 hours back. So when i found out One of her littermates was coming to the island..i was over the moon. I hoped the new owner would be as excited as i was..and maybe we could get them together.

we hooked up over facebook, not only do we both have the breeder as a common friend..but 2 or 3 other friends as well.. She (Marnie) is also a hobby photorapher like me.. It turns out..that the puppy she ended up with, Carly..is the one i was GOING to adopt..but she wouldnt come near me..where as maggie flopped herself in my lap and wouldnt move..basically choosing me :) and Maggie..was Marnie's second choice if i had chosen carly.

we got the girls together yesterday, they hadn't seen eachother in a month. and i wasnt sure how maggie would react..one of my biggest fears the day i adopted her..was she would be so sad about not seeing her puppy family.. i tell you she never looked back. never cried fo them..sh'es been a happy little lady.

so when we showed up at Marnie and Carlys house..maggie was shocked.
Carly was overjoyed excited (she came home 2 or 3 weeks after maggie. due to marnie being on vacation..so shes been with her 'puppy family' a lot longer then maggie)
we put hte girls on the floor and stepped back.

maggie..hid behind a oversized flower pot..with her tail between her legs. where as carly was running around excited trying to get maggie to come out.
we brought htem into another room..and maggie was very shy..tail between her legs..very scared.
i gave her lots of comfort and love.. and eventually she warmed up..and before you knew it..the two girls were playing as if no time had passed.. running..chasing..tackling..barking happily. kissing.
Marnie bought them a couple tutu's for photos..and it was too cute lol

148913_10152401581265305_2023874061_n by

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/62714387@N04/8324466858/]

268082_10151342323081391_1829371343_n by

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/62714387@N04/8324467340/]

398633_10152401579920305_445636487_n by

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/62714387@N04/8324467740/]

556306_10152401580590305_2137549079_n by http://www.flickr.com/people/62714387@N04/

They are so gorgeous!
I love them both :lotsaluv:
It makes me want another cav.. I think i can feel puppy fever coming on

I just adore the third picture, it's like a mirror image!
Beauty marks and all!

Oh Chelsea, those pictures are just way too cute. It must have been so much fun to have seen them run around and play like maniacs together. What a fun time for Maggie. She was probably exhausted after her day of play.

Oh how cute. That is awesome that you have made friends and can keep in touch with not only the breeder but a litter mate. I have wished from time to time that Fletcher had a puppy his own age to play with since our older dog refuses to play with him. If I could go back in time I think I would have tried harder to adopt 2 puppies. I was scared to death tho about raising one pup especially with a little kid at home. Now that I know puppies and cavalier's better my dream is to get litter mates, it'll happen one day.

Aw, that is too cute, and what cuties!! I took Rose to visit her littermate this past spring when she was 2 years old (they live 10+ hours away driving, so we flew! lol). They picked us up from the airport, and we took Rose in the house- Rose and their other Cav did all the "dog greeting stuff" first for a few minutes, then Rose and her sister sniffed noses for about 10 seconds, kinda looked at each other like "Oh, it's you", and then they went off to give Rose a tour of the house. It was like they had seen each other every day, lol. Crazy dogs. ;)

its my dream to own littermates one day too..but it wont be happening untill i at least move into a more permiment place . (at this point itl be my parents basement suiet.. but if i meet someone..maybe a house or condo of our own?)
i had always thought of taking oliver up to his breeder to see other cavaliers and maybe his family would be around..but it never happened. we did rndomly run into one of the breeders dogs in a town up island..and they sniffed at eachother like they knew something. but that was it.

oh they were both absolutly exhausted by the time we left..both falling asleep in our arms. but i loved every second of it. it was so funny. I cant wait to get them together again.

Back