• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Before and after the clean up :)

galaxy66

We took our two for a walk today but with the wet and all the leaves etc. it clung to them like magnets and they ended up in the worst state ever!!. Here they are before and after but only one after pic as once Serge was cleaned up the two of them decided they'd had enough for the night and went off to bed:)

Branden has the worst coat for collecting debris and took three times as long to clean up.
Branden
8349587581_4c23f16525_c.jpg
[/URL] RV5A0037_4912 pp by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

8349585755_e047b7ed86_c.jpg
[/URL] RV5A0040_4918 pp by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

Serge
8349586689_4dfdd2033d_c.jpg
[/URL] RV5A0035_4910 pp by laidbackman, on Flickr[/IMG]

the link is not working for the one of Serge!

But wow, what a difference ... I guess they had fun getting so dirty. LOL

I got to see both dogs. The before picture of Brandon, he doesn't even look like a cavalier, but he sure cleans up nicely! Seems like they both had a lot of fun.

At first glance I thought Branden was a Ruby :oops:

He looks stunning when cleaned up......actually they both look stunning before and after:biggrin:

Just what I was about to say Joyce. They obviously enjoyed every minute.

I had unexpected and definitely uninvited visitors last night. Fortunately I was near the kitchen window to see the car draw up and of course I recognised the occupants on sight, so I was able to cage the dogs before they got excited and barked out a five dog creschendo, but they were quite grubby looking I'm afraid.

I keep the patio doors open almost all the time until bedtime so that the dogs can come and go from the garden at will, so the parts of the house where all the dogs can run and play get pretty muddy in the wet weather we have had for so long. Eventually I towel & dry the dogs and once the boys are in bed I sponge over the leather seating, then mop and dry the hard flooring.

That works fine for us, especially as almost everyone who visits knows to 'phone to let me know they are coming so that I can get organised before they arrive. Not this trio. I do voluntary work with them and so far as I am concerned, end of, but they were 'just around the corner so thought we would pop in to see exactly where you live ha ha.....'

So here I am dressed in tatty old worn out track suit and can't remember whether I even combed my hair after I got up in the morning, with five grubby dogs, paw prints all over the leather sofas and a liberal coating of mud and leaves over all the hard floors, made worse by numerous muddy paw prints left when I picked up muddy dogs for a kiss and a cuddle. Not a sight to welcome non dog people, one of them in charge of the project, the other a trustee and the third the tutor that work with every week.

So I sat them all down in the kitchen with a drink while I got out the sponge and towel to wipe over both the sofas, spirit away the grubby cushions and put out the posh embroidered ones. I did bite the bullet to say that I was so glad to see them all and how glad I was that they had been thoughtful enough to pop in when they were in the area, but I really wasn't surprised that they didn't stay long.

So anybody who thinks they are the most disorganised on earth or have the messiest dogs around, just read this and forget it, 'cause I have just given myself the self awarded title of Slut of the Year, First Class of course cl*p

Good heavens,looks like they were rolled in wet cement lol!
They look fabulous after grooming,two gorgeous boys.
I wish mine had teflon coats,it's so hard to keep them perfect in this weather.
Sins

They arrived in that state simply on a 6 mile roadside walk with no footpaths so they picked up the muck from the tarmac and the leaves and twigs from the grass verges, I just didn't realise how mucky it was going to get, the muckiest was Branden as he has a thicker coat than Serge.

BTW Branden is February in this year's calendar :).

Looks like they had a good time getting dirty!!! Bet both dog took a nice long nap after getting all cleaned up.

Wow, what a difference. However they seem to have had a blast.

our Maia also has a coat that is a magnet for debris. Her coat changed with spaying, and now everything clungs to her!

They do look like they had a great time. Tess is a magnet for burrs. One dog park we go to has quite a few, and sometime I wish I could put her into a suit with leggings and sleeves! :D

I'm glad you enjoyed the before and after pics, they will NEVER be allowed to get that bad again! :)

Back