Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Member

Hi, my name is Leo I live in the state of MA. USA Cape Cod area. I have a new 6 month old Cavalier named Buddy, he is Ruby in color and is very handsome. We have only had him for about a month and he is very smart. He loves to play, watch TV and sleeps with us at night. House training is coming along pretty good some days no accidents others a couple. I am trying to stop him from barking at everyone and everything he sees. I had a 1 1/2 yr old grandson over the holidays that just loved the dog and the dog loved him. I could not ask for a better personality. The breeder we purchased him from did not have him up to date on shots so that is now under control and we just got him neutered, I want a family pet and did not want to breed him. Any suggestions from you all will be welcomed. I am retired so I have the time to work with him. Thanks for reading this and I hope to learn a lot about this breed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Leo and welcome to the forum. I had a lovely holiday in Cape Cod a couple of years ago, but didn't see any cavaliers, so I'm sure Buddy gets lots of attention when you are out and about with him- mind you it's hard to pass a cavalier without saying hello at the best of times
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! It sounds like Buddy is your first cavalier. Many people find "you can't have just one." They can be very addicting.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a cavalier is the PERFECT breed for a retired person, or like me a crazy family with 3 kids lots of coming and going and we just take my sweet Fletcher just comes along happily. I can for sure seeing us getting another cavalier in one day.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras