• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bloated. Should I worry?

Soushiruiuma

Thistle gets bloated every night now. Her abdomen is visibly "full", and firm (though not hard) to the touch. If I massage her tummy she will fart several times, which makes her feel better and look more normal. But what's going on? Do I need to get her to the vet over this?

She pooped this morning, and then again about 2 hours ago, normal.

Both dogs get Royal Canin small dog, I opened the bag around new year. Guinness is fine.

I just have no idea what's happening to her right now, it's like she's having a health implosion.

Gosh yes, get yourself to the vet as soon as possible. - Im new, and in the middle of adding my thead about what I am going through with Megan my black and tan, but the first symptoms were bloating.

Ok. We did that, he wasn't too worried, and didn't feel anything blocked or alarming. He gave her an antiemetic, something to settle her GI tract, and a prednisone shot. She's NPO until midnight, then just water until 8 am.

Sorry I was a bit sharp with you. I promise my bark is much worse than my bite. It's just that I was worried about more serious conditions that could have been life threatening with the symptoms that you mentioned.

So glad that you've seen the vet and that Thistle is going to be allright.

I didn't you were sharp; who needs a detailed explanation for "that's an emergency"? Not me.

But anyway we'd already gotten a taxi and were on our way before I saw your response.

I was keeping an eye on her gums (which stayed pink), and other signs. She seemed pretty alert, and with it while I was just observing. But then she started screaming and writhing in pain; and that was it, vet visit.

We used to do seminars where the vets and pathologists would tell us about interesting cases they'd seen lately (hint: lots of blood, and gore). A few in particular have stuck with me; and several of those involve rapid declines following GI problems (massive bleeding in the brain concurrent with a rectal prolapse- I was actually the one who called attention to the thrombi in the brain on that case). Moral of that story: don't ignore gut problems.

Hi, my other reply was a little out of sinc, as it was checked by the moderator before it was uploaded, so it it has appeared after the event, so apologies for that.
Im glad that everything is ok x

Hi, my other reply was a little out of sinc, as it was checked by the moderator before it was uploaded, so it it has appeared after the event, so apologies for that.
Im glad that everything is ok x

Thanks for the reply. The delayed first post can be annoying, but now that we know you aren't a spambot it won't happen again.

Back