Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daisy's SM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Daisy's SM

Hi

We saw her neuro last night for a progress check ,I advised she is still scratches occasionally, but not a lot, and that her
    medication of 2x100 mg Gabapentin from what I can see has not really made any great change to her scratching .I requested
    a possible increase of the Gabapentin from 2 daily to 3 but her neuro wanted to include Omeprazole into her meds and of course
    did not want to vary two meds at the same time so it was decided to proceed with the inclusion of the 10 mg of Omeprazole for
    a three week trial then possibly increase the Gabapentin to 3x daily if needed .Her daily meds are now 3x50 mg Zitac ,2x100 mg
    Gabapentin and 1x daily of 10 mg Omeprazole .I asked why would she take both the Zitac and Omep if they are both CSF reducers
    and was advised that the Zitac acts as a fluid reducer and the Omep acts to try and reduce the production of spinal fluid ,am I right here or am I suffering from information overload . Any comments ,thoughts,advice or guidance most welcome please .

Daisy unfortunately has what was a small pimple on her left side which has now developed into a larger fibrous cyst/wart which I know has to be removed so I have arranged an appointment with a surgeon at C/Gates right after we see her neuro in three weeks time ,so tonight its off to my local Vets with Daisy to ask for a referral letter to them on the grounds that as she has a Grade 4 murmur I would like C/Gates to operate as they have a full time anaesthetist and a complete range of emergency equipment . My poor Daisy .

My Dawn's hospital appointment last Friday resulted in the endoscophy finding more ulcers some of which are still bleeding and with her
    colonoscophy she found it to be too painful halfway through the procedure and told them to stop. So she has been summoned back to
    see her consultant who wants her to have the colonoscophy again ,we go on .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Brain, you always seem the have your hands full. Just keep doing what you're doing

Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Brian, sorry your going through so much lately, with your family, i work in theatres, unfortunately sometimes with colonoscopys patients find this procedure very uncomfortable, everyone is different, did she have sedation? Hopefully next visit they will offer her additional painkiller. My thoughts are with you. Karen Ruby and Sadie

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry things are tough Brian, sending you and your family positive thoughts and love. Can't they give Dawn an anesthetic to help with the colonoscopy?

Post Thanks / Like

Sending good thoughts to all of you and hope all the medical issues get sorted out in the best possible way.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Thanks Joyce you are a star and a best mate .I have been in from work since 6.00 pm and I haven't seen my Daisy scratch once.
    Team bella I think thats there next plan ,thanks for caring .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Daisy has been on her omeprazole for almost a week together with her Zitac and Gabentin and she is a different girl .HURRAH
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hi

Daisy has been on her omeprazole for almost a week together with her Zitac and Gabentin and she is a different girl .HURRAH

So glad that it is helping. I know how you are feeling. I sometimes feel like pulling my hair out with this dreaded SM.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great news Bri so glad Daisy is more comfortable,bless

keep yer chin up& very best wishes to your Dawn x
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

So often dealing with SM seems to be faffing around trying this and that until you stumble on the right mix and dosage of medication for your particular dog. Glad you've found it for Daisy (at least for the moment - no doubt it will need tweaking at some future date!).

Kate, Oliver and Aled