• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My lovely little Pep Squeak

elliewragg

This is my first time on cavalier talk. I found the site during xmas whilst crawling the internet mourning my ruby cavalier 'pepper'. We sadly had to put him to sleep on the 15th of December due to cancer, he went downhill v v quickly which took us all by surprise which has left me still grieving heavily, who'd have thought this little dog would make such an impression and inprint on my life. I miss my little dog tremendously but smile at the
lovely memories he gave me/us. Pepper was 13 years old (from flossybrook) and he was fit until the last two weeks of his life. He had a heart murmur but didnt need medication, we were v lucky. I feel privileged to have know this little dog and hope to one day offer another Cavalier king Charles a home on my knee (perhaps a rescue?).

Aw, he sounds like he was a really great dog (and healthy too). I think losing them quickly is the hardest emotionally.

Maybe you could post some pictures of him. Imgur is very easy to use if you need a hosting site for photos- no account, just upload your pictures and post the links.

Its so amazing to me how much people love their cavaliers. I'm so luck to own one!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about you lose, I'm sure getting on without your sweet pea is hard. However, I feel like whenever some post on this thread it is a testament, to never take one second with my dog for granted. I think about all the posts here every time I'm feeling too lazy to take Fletcher for a walk, or when he's happily sleeping (and snoring) in my lap.

I'm so sorry about you losing your Pepper. It sounds like you had a good life together.

What a wonderful attitude you have hoping to have another, and perhaps a rescue. I hope your dream comes true.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You certainly had many good and happy years together. :) In the rescue section I have pined rescue contacts for the UK and maybe a little cavalier will come into your life again through one of those groups or organisations. :flwr:

Gosh, Im so sorry to hear that you lost your little love. The space they leave is enormous isn't it? When Megan left us last month, my heart broke into a pieces, and every day was a haul, but Little Ted came into our lives sooner than expected, and although its only early days, he really has been a blessing. Completely different and helps us to look forward. I am sure when the time is right for you, a little boy or girl will suddenly appear in your life, and you will be ready to give them a loving home x x

Back