We have a lot of this around our yard. It was never an issue with Sydney......but now we have BellaMia. The wood itself is pet friendly and was never treated with any toxins, but she wants to chew it and I know those shards of wood can be extremely harmful and damaging if swallowed. At this age, she is NEVER allowed outside by herself and I always have my eyes on her, but one blink of an eye and anything can happen!

I am working on training to keep her from doing this. Well, today, someone mentioned to spray it with a deterrent and suggested vinegar. Thought I would try this, but wondered if there were any other suggestions.