• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Decorative Garden Bark/Mulch

Sydneys Mom

We have a lot of this around our yard. It was never an issue with Sydney......but now we have BellaMia. :luv: The wood itself is pet friendly and was never treated with any toxins, but she wants to chew it and I know those shards of wood can be extremely harmful and damaging if swallowed. At this age, she is NEVER allowed outside by herself and I always have my eyes on her, but one blink of an eye and anything can happen!

I am working on training to keep her from doing this. Well, today, someone mentioned to spray it with a deterrent and suggested vinegar. :yuk: Thought I would try this, but wondered if there were any other suggestions.

I have no suggestions, just want to say that you're not alone. Our Sophie luuurrrrrves bark mulch. I almost changed her name to Termite! She grabs it off the streets when we're out walking on leash. Very sneaky, but she is very good about letting me take it away from her. Good luck!

Exactly! I'm always sticking my fingers in her mouth grabbing something! Guess that's good training for brushing her teeth. I'm working on teaching her the drop it command.

We use rubber mulch & have has no problems with it. It is a little pricier but does attract bugs and our dogs don't bother it

We have the same problem with mulch. Bosco loves it. I removed it from the yard,but on walks he gets it in his mouth as fast as I can say, "leave it". Must be the smell!

Back