Thread: Just found a bump on Cosmo's leg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just found a bump on Cosmo's leg

Cosmo is a 5 1/2 year old Cav. I just found a pea sized lump on his left hind leg near his knee. It's reddish in color and resembles the shape of a raspberry. Anyone else ever have/see this? I'm wondering how nervous I should be about it. When I touch it it doesn't seen to bother him. He is the Blenheim one in my avitar (The big guy).

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Possibly a histiocytoma (no big deal), could be a spider bite (but without pain probably not), or a small abscess (thistle did this right before our transatlantic flight)

Google histiocytoma for images, how does it compare?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soushiruiuma View Post
    Possibly a histiocytoma (no big deal), could be a spider bite (but without pain probably not), or a small abscess (thistle did this right before our transatlantic flight)

Google histiocytoma for images, how does it compare?
    It looks similar to a couple of those images. Thanks a bunch. I'm taking him to the vet on Monday just in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a 13.5 year old Cavalier. As he aged, he got these bumps on his body. I don't remember the technical name for these but the vet said they were related to age. At a certain point, I had them surgically removed with laser thearapy - what a waste of money. Yes, they were gone but they came back. At this point, I have just accepted these as part of his aging process. It makes it a little difficult to comb him but I work through them carefully. They are all over his body at this age.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. Went to vet today and she thinks it's a "skin tag". Nothing to worry about unless it grows larger. Whew!!